“Kids activities” 4 of 5 stars

New York, NY
7 attraction reviews
“Kids activities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by when in the area for something else, there are some nice interactive aspects. Cow for milking, chicken eggs to collect, general store with merchandise for playing, (all of the above pretend). Tractors to ride on, some dress up clothes. Probably priced a little higher than I thought it should be.

Visited March 2013

Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Great little price of history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Enjoyed the pedal tractors, milking the cow and riding the pretend horses. The other exhibits where "too old" for a 5 and 3 year old, but we enjoyed our visit.

Visited January 2013
cLove2Travel, Manager at Heritage Farm Museum, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thanks for visiting! The Museum strives to combine traditional Museum exhibits with hands-on interactive exhibits to provide something for everyone in the family!
terri007
18 attraction reviews
“A nice place for a field trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I went with my son and his third grade class to the Heritage Farm Museum on November 10, 2012. We were the only group there that day so it made for a lot of hands on attention for the kids. The classes were split up into three groups and each group went to three different stations. The kids were working on simple machines such as levers, pulleys, etc. so a pig part of one of the stations dealt with simple machines. The kids also visited a "country store" where they had to have a shopping list and buy enough food for the week for only $1. They seemed to enjoy this the best of all the stations. They next went to the gift shop where $1 of their money for the trip went for them to purchase something that was in the $1 section. They had quite a nice selection for the students to choose from and they all had a good time. The third one was a comparison between the items they choose in the country store and a clip-board of prices today. They weren't that interested in that exercise.
We will return with our other child in the Spring as I think our other child will enjoy it as well.

Visited November 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
23 attraction reviews
“Country Girl Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had my book launch event here in Aug 2011. Since my book is a memoir, I share what it was like growin up "in the country," my hometown actually 180 miles away in another Virginia county.This venue fit the bill for me to share my experiences with guests, from a variety of rural exhibits to even a country store. The staff was excellent; very helpful with setting up the areas and wonderful customer service to all that attended. This place is a treasure

Visited August 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
20 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I took my daughter to the Heritage Farm Museum and she had so much fun! We went during the week and pratically had the whole place to ourselves. They have several sections with wood/plastic animals for children to play with: she groomed horses, milked a cow and collected eggs from a chicken coop! I would recommend this for any family outing!

Visited May 2011
cLove2Travel, Co-Director at Heritage Farm Museum, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you! We strive to make the Museum a fun, family-friendly experience and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit!