“A nice place for a field trip.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Attractions in Sterling
Type: Museums
terri007
23 attraction reviews
“A nice place for a field trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I went with my son and his third grade class to the Heritage Farm Museum on November 10, 2012. We were the only group there that day so it made for a lot of hands on attention for the kids. The classes were split up into three groups and each group went to three different stations. The kids were working on simple machines such as levers, pulleys, etc. so a pig part of one of the stations dealt with simple machines. The kids also visited a "country store" where they had to have a shopping list and buy enough food for the week for only $1. They seemed to enjoy this the best of all the stations. They next went to the gift shop where $1 of their money for the trip went for them to purchase something that was in the $1 section. They had quite a nice selection for the students to choose from and they all had a good time. The third one was a comparison between the items they choose in the country store and a clip-board of prices today. They weren't that interested in that exercise.
We will return with our other child in the Spring as I think our other child will enjoy it as well.

Visited November 2012

Leesburg, Virginia
24 attraction reviews
“Country Girl Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had my book launch event here in Aug 2011. Since my book is a memoir, I share what it was like growin up "in the country," my hometown actually 180 miles away in another Virginia county.This venue fit the bill for me to share my experiences with guests, from a variety of rural exhibits to even a country store. The staff was excellent; very helpful with setting up the areas and wonderful customer service to all that attended. This place is a treasure

Visited August 2011
Stephens City, Virginia
25 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I took my daughter to the Heritage Farm Museum and she had so much fun! We went during the week and pratically had the whole place to ourselves. They have several sections with wood/plastic animals for children to play with: she groomed horses, milked a cow and collected eggs from a chicken coop! I would recommend this for any family outing!

Visited May 2011
cLove2Travel, Co-Director at Heritage Farm Museum, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you! We strive to make the Museum a fun, family-friendly experience and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit!
Ashburn, Virginia
“Lovely museum, kids loved it, great historical info”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Located in Claude Moore Park in Loudoun Co, VA. My kids are girls aged 9, 7 and 3. They loved the hands-on exhibits (milk a life-like cow, collect eggs, ride on tractors, brush the ride-along horse's mane, shop in thecountry store). The grown-ups learned a lot from the written info. Well-presented, VERY friendly staff, fun for kiddos.

Visited May 2011
cLove2Travel, Director at Heritage Farm Museum, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Thank you for visiting! The Museum strives to be family friendly and we appreciate your feedback.
Cleveland, OH
“Fun for the entire family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

I recently visited the DC area to visit some relatives and they took us to the Heritage Farm Museum. What a fantastic place for young families! They have a wonderful interactive exhibit area for children and very informative exhibits for adults as well. A must see for families with young children!