“Inhospitable Staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   46001 Waterview Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
“Inhospitable Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

My nightmare began with a call for an early check in. This went well and I was told I could show up in an hour. When I arrived I met with a different party--a woman. I had previously spoken with a man. I was treated like I had no reservation at all. I was told she could not help me and I next expected her to say there was no room at the inn, at least this was the attitude she projected. I stood my ground, she checked her inventory, and miraculously an empty room appeared. Before I was granted my quarters I was coerced into signing a form which blatantly stated that while I had already paid Hotwire, I was signing my consent to have my card charged again for the room rate. Pointing this out to the staff branded me as a troublemaker and I was told to sign it or leave. As for the room, the desk chairs were disgusting to look at, let alone sit on; the television channels were blurry with some channels advertised as missing because the smart card was not inserted correctly. Far too many channels provided guidance on how to use the remote instead of providing programming, not to mention there was a channel congratulating me for aiming the satellite dish in the proper direction. The next morning I was greeted with water on the kitchen floor, apparently from the refrigerator, as I walked to the bathroom in the dark. Lastly, sitting on the edge of the bed was an adventure as this caused the mattress to almost flip over on top of me.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the staff''s good side.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

I was in town for just a one night and needed a place to stay. I wasn't sure where to stay but then a friend recommended me to stay an ExtendedStay. I am glad I booked my stay there, because it felt just like home. The staff at the desk were Awesome!! They helped me a lot and it made my stay very comfortable. The rates were very reasonable and there were places to eat just around the corner. Hamza, Malik and the rest of the staff were very polite and always make sured I was satisfied with everything. Although it was my first time staying there, they treated me like family. I will make sure every time I can down here, I am going to stay here. Great people and great service!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, March 12, 2015
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay and superb service. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

I have stayed at this location a few times and i must say, it is one of the best locations. The best part about it is the location. Everything you need is right around the corner. There are plenty of restuarants around to choose from. The hotel was clean and my stay was relaxing. The managers aziz and malik are professionals and deserve a thumbs up. Antonia is a sweet housekeeper who is always smiling. I will deff come back.

Room Tip: The hotel has a lake around the back with a path to walk around.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our great location during your visit. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with your clean room and our wonderful staff during your stay. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

good location, rooms were very clean, have stayed here before and had same experience as last time, ample parking, staff was very courteous and polite, only thing that they could add would be coffee pot and coffee in rooms for the people who have to leave before breakfast is set up in lobby

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the beginning of August 2014. We had to wait quite a while to check in, but that wouldn't merit a bad review on it's own. However, as the title indicates, we encountered bed bugs during our stay here. We woke up with bites and from that point on couldn't bear to be in the bed though we searched it thoroughly. It's safe to say this was the least restful hotel stay I've ever had. It was deeply disturbing. We were very happy to leave! I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone until they get that infestation under control, and maybe re-train their staff to be more sympathetic and amiable.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs before settling in a room, flip over the mattress and look under the mattress cov...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

I stayed at this hotel from Jan 4 thru the 7th 2015 and i and couple of my friend were bit by bed bugs and all the GM wants to do is to provide me a free night and that was it. THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST HOTEL'S EVER DO NOT STAY THERE. IT SMELLS IN THE HALL WAYS. THE GM IS RUDE AND HUNG UP ON ME.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

I stayed here for about a week and everyone in the front desk was very helpful and professional. Bernard and hamza was helped me eith whatever i needed and made me feel very comfortable like i was at home. Because of them i will continue to stay here everytime i come out here. .

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling? Share your experiences!