Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Eagle Point, Oregon
“Unwelcome”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We ended on their doorstep at 4:00 am on Aug.14th with a confirmed reservation in hand! We were told that they had no record of it and the only room available was a smoking room that smelled terrible! We had arrived on a flight from Or. to Dullas airport in Wash.D.C. tired and no room!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

What started as what I believed to be a pleasant stay turned into a nightmare. My initial booking was supposed to be for four weeks, with Extended Stay, 46001 Water View Plaza of Sterling, VA being my temporary home as I relocated to VA from GA.
I arrived on Monday, 8/11/14 and less than 24 hours later I had bites from BED BUGS!!!! By the time I realized what was eating me alive, it was Saturday (8/16). (I Googled images of Bed Bug Bites)
When I notified the front desk agent, Umir, I was informed that there were three other rooms that were closed due to the bed bugs. Umir initially only offered to move me to another room, but after I put him on the phone with the Guest Relation rep, he then followed Extended Stay's proper protocol.
After remaining on hold for over 60 minutes, I finally spoke with someone from Guest Relations who put the wheels in motion to properly handle the situation.
The end resulted in me having to seek medical attention, due to my bites becoming infected, having to be quarantined from my belongings until Orkin arrived on Monday, sleeping in a recliner in another room (I was deathly afraid of sleeping in another one of their beds), and having to launder every item of my belongings upon moving into my new place.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I cannot not ever recommend this place for anyone. It was smelly, they where not helpful, other quests complained of bed bugs! The room was suppose to have kitchen items to cook with, even after filling in a form, they did not deliver anything. Bed was horribly uncomfortable. Room did not get very cool.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ashburn, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The front desk staff is extremely rude and speak to each other in Arabic when I ask them a direct question. After I was filling a complaint, one of them told me I should've stayed in a different hotel. They have no shampoo and only one towel in my room. Twenty minutes before I showed I called to ask if they had two beds and they claimed they did, but when we arrived they denied ever saying that and I slept in a chair. The cleaning lady doesn't know English. I asked for an extra blanket, and it had a hole on it. I looked under the bed to search for my shoes and I almost choked on dust bunnies. The air conditioner also stopped working on my second night. I received a room with small drawers for a family of three. I do not recommend this hotel. Bring your own toiletries, and ask for more towels. They also have one luggage cart. The middle eastern men at the front desk made this stay one of the worst stays in my life.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left are better because the front desk isn't around the corner to be rude to you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was extremely pleased with the hotel, when I first arrived I was very excited about the location because of the amount of restaurants so close to the hotel. I was also very happy with the set up of the room, not to mention the breakfast was great!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed here for a week on business, everything was as expected.

My only issue was on day 3 I was awakened at 6:30 am by the desk clerk pounding on my door. When I answered it he was waving a piece of paper at me saying my room was going to be $30 a night more because it was weekend rates, his English was poor and I could barley understand him. As he had woke me up I shut the door in his face. Later when I went to work I stopped at the desk, I told him I had paid for a week up front and would not pay additional rate. He said he "was sorry" he had made a mistake.

When I went back to my room for lunch my card key was not working, had it reprogrammed, when I returned after work that day same thing, card key not working. When I went to the desk there were two other guests with the same problem.

Manager I spoke to said he would talk to the employee, but there is no reason to wake a guest up at 6:30 am unless the place is on fire.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Mark – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding being disrupted early in the morning is truly regrettable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As well, I am sorry to hear that you had so many issues with your room key. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please feel free to contact me directly, at DCW@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We look forward to welcoming you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were not planning to spend the night in a hotel, but our plans fell through at at 9:30 p.m. we found ourselves (me, my husband, and 2 kids) needing a last minute place to stay. I will give the hotel some benefit of the doubt because we showed up so late without a reservation. Here is our experience.

Our first room was not ready for guests. I opened the door to find several mattresses piled on top of one another, artwork propped against the walls, and various hardware (fans, etc.) strewn about. We went back to the front desk and were given a room on the second floor. While getting off the elevator, the doors started closing and would not stop. I was alone with my two kids and I was unable to get our cart off of the elevator because the doors kept closing (the cart, by the way, was literally held together with duct tape). A kind guest helped me by physically holding the doors open (he had to use force to push them back open, as they kept closing). We got to our room and it had one bed - for four people. Sigh. Back to the front desk.

This time we requested a room with two beds and were given a room on the first floor. My husband apparently did not request a room with two beds, but the front desk clerk did not ask either. With four people, I was surprised he didn't ask how many beds we were looking for (isn't that standard when booking a room?). Had that been the only room available, we would have understood, and we would have made due. He was very lackadaisical about the whole ordeal. He half-heartedly apologized. He was in no rush to get us into a room, even though were were obviously tired with two tired kids. He also took two personal phone calls on his cell phone while we were trying to get a room.

In our third (and final) room were unable to get the wireless to work because we didn't know which server to connect to. When we tried to call the front desk to ask, the phone didn't work. In the shower, the cold and hot water were switched, so when I turned the facet to hot, it got colder, and vice versa. When I got out of the shower to dry my hair, the hair dryer base was not connected to the wall and the hair dryer would not work - on a day when there was 8 inches of new snow on the ground.

I don't know if we received a poor quality room because we were so late, or because they are all like that. Overall, we did not have a terrible experience, but we would not seek to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling? Share your experiences!