“Better and cheaper than usual for an airport hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   46001 Waterview Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Sao Paulo, SP
“Better and cheaper than usual for an airport hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Surprisingly nice time considering it was a work trip! The staff (especially front desk) were really great. They have a large room with kitchen, fast wifi, free grab-and-go quick breakfast. It's about 5 min driving from Dulles airport. Plenty of parking. I was on the 2th floor and this is clearly a renovated room, clean nice carpet, not dings etc. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our service and the newly refreshed rooms. Also, I am pleased to hear that our staff provided excellent customer service during your stay.

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I'm a 50+ female traveling solo. One of the reasons I chose this hotel in the first place is because of the outstanding reviews from guests. I stayed here for 2 months, and my own experience totally lived up to those reviews...It's in a developed suburban area where I felt very safe, and the parking lot is very well lit (almost like daylight!) I was especially appreciative of the friendliness and attentiveness of the hotel staff. Bruk and Malik always made sure that I had everything I needed and that I was happy. If I had a problem like a burned out bulb, their maintenance would be there right away to fix it. When I first arrived, my room was clean and smoke-free. They are working hard to try and make it a smoke-free hotel, and do regular inspections to follow standards. They handle problems courteously, respectfully, promptly, and in a professional manner. Bed was very comfortable, and great shower and faucet pressure. Currently, they are upgrading rooms with fresh paint, carpet, bedding, upholstery, and cabinetry. I do wish there were fitness center as part of the accommodations, and that the high-speed bandwidth I paid $19/mo extra for was better (uploading videos is extremely slow, and viewing music videos on sites like YouTube and Vimeo is choppy at best), but other than that, my experience has been nothing but positive. Overall, the quality and experience was worth the money I paid. I would come back in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and services. It is so rewarding to hear you liked the friendliness and fast response of our associate when needed.

Sterling. Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I mention the cost because I was in need of something very reasonable. This is not the Hilton, but we can't all afford Hilton prices, and frankly, I don't need all the glitter.
Extended Stay America is a modest hotel, but the rooms are nice, very large and absolutely spotless.
I've stayed here on several occasions, and clean is my main priority, and I've never been disappointed.
I've seen some complaints in the reviews regarding the staff, and I realize that some people will never be satisfied, no matter what you do to be accommodating. I've had few issues, but housekeeping resolved each one immediately, thoroughly and with a smile.
The management staff is incredible,,, courteous, professional, truly friendly (no forced smiles),
and anxious to help in any way to make your stay more enjoyable.
Lastly, Bruk, the hotel manager, is just an amazing guy and sincerely strives to make his hotel the best, and his clients happy. I checked in on a Sunday afternoon (check-in time is 3:00)
The Redskins were playing at 1:00. He managed to get me in for kick-off.
Thanks Bruk
They lost,,,, Ugh!!

Room Tip: I haven't had a room that wasn't quiet and nice I don't know about the fitness center...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such rewarding things about the associates and the hotel. I am pleased to read that our staff provided you with exceptional service and that you found your suite to be clean and comfortable.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

by the end of odds i ended up in this hotel thinking am gona have some horried time but i was greeted by the manager bruk and his assisant malik were really understand and extremely nice i was welcomed by both of them and i enjoyed my first night in the hotel thinking i might change it if i didnt enjoy it but they helped me alot considering i didnt know the area or how to shop around this city i ended up staying there my whole time in sterling my stay was comfortable and nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our service and the associates care. Our goal is to provide each guest with a great experience during their stay and I am pleased we met that goal during your stay.

Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Choosing this as my place to stay was a great decision. The staff was extremely nice and made us feel welcomed as soon as we arrived. Malik checked us in and made it very quick and easy. The area is great and has a variety of food and shopping locations around. The hotel is extremely clean and comfortable for the few days...

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with the comfort and cleanliness of tour room as well as the convenience of our location. I am happy to hear that Malik and our staff provided you with excellent customer service.

Ashburn, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

It is very difficult for me to give this two stars because while I did not enjoy my stay, the staff is VERY nice.

HOUSEKEEPING -- My husband and I stayed here for SIX MONTHS while our house was being built. When we first moved in, we found some dead bugs in the room. The housekeeping is the WORST I have ever experienced. Not only did we have MANY days where housekeeping forgot to come to our room -- but even when they did, it was below par. I'm almost positive they changed the sheets and towels and were on their way out. Every time I complained (which was several) I got the same excuse -- "we only have one housekeeper." In the six months I was there, as many times as I complained, not once did they think to hire another housekeeper. It also seems pretty apparent that they do not separate their smoking from non-smoking towels and sheets because there were so many times I could smell the smoke in my towels. On three separate occasions there were BLOOD stains on my pillow. My goodness that was SO gross. The other thing that was so annoying was that EVERY time housekeeping came they would turn the temperature down to frigid zero before they left so I would come home to a freezer. I complained countless times and they never stopped until I started putting post-it note on the thermostat that said "DO NOT TOUCH." This hotel needs some SERIOUS help in the housekeeping department.

LOCATION -- I cannot deny that the location is amazing. So convenient and very close (walking distance) to so many restaurants.

STAFF -- I did bring my housekeeping issues to the staff's attention many times, however, no one bothered to do anything UNTIL I was asked to fill out a survey and I gave horrible ratings. At that point the manager offered to comp one night which I appreciated. BUT all the staff, especially the manager, was very nice to us throughout our entire stay.

Unfortunately this was not the "home away from home" that I was looking for, and I was SO happy when my husband and I checked out last week. I'm sure if you're looking for a one night stay you will be fine here, but I would definitely not stay here long term.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is a non-smoking floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sapna - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Your comments in regards to the customer service of our staff is much appreciated. I was disheartened to read that you were not satisfied with our housekeeping service and the timeliness in remedying your concerns. As a hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to all of the hotel staffs to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am pleased to hear that our location was convenient and ideal for your stay at our hotel. Congratulations on your new home!

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at DCW @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions.
I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

What can I say. I HATE THIS HOTEL! The people are unprofessional the maid service is horrid they didn't even want to clean my room after I'd stayed for weeks! And didn't want me to clean my own room. I would not recommend this hotel its horrible! The thing about it is the area

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize that we fail to give you a proper cleaning service. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are very sorry we did not meet your expectations. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at DCW@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling? Share your experiences!