“very friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

by the end of odds i ended up in this hotel thinking am gona have some horried time but i was greeted by the manager bruk and his assisant malik were really understand and extremely nice i was welcomed by both of them and i enjoyed my first night in the hotel thinking i might change it if i didnt enjoy it but they helped me alot considering i didnt know the area or how to shop around this city i ended up staying there my whole time in sterling my stay was comfortable and nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our service and the associates care. Our goal is to provide each guest with a great experience during their stay and I am pleased we met that goal during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with the comfort and cleanliness of tour room as well as the convenience of our location. I am happy to hear that Malik and our staff provided you with excellent customer service.

Ashburn, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

It is very difficult for me to give this two stars because while I did not enjoy my stay, the staff is VERY nice.

HOUSEKEEPING -- My husband and I stayed here for SIX MONTHS while our house was being built. When we first moved in, we found some dead bugs in the room. The housekeeping is the WORST I have ever experienced. Not only did we have MANY days where housekeeping forgot to come to our room -- but even when they did, it was below par. I'm almost positive they changed the sheets and towels and were on their way out. Every time I complained (which was several) I got the same excuse -- "we only have one housekeeper." In the six months I was there, as many times as I complained, not once did they think to hire another housekeeper. It also seems pretty apparent that they do not separate their smoking from non-smoking towels and sheets because there were so many times I could smell the smoke in my towels. On three separate occasions there were BLOOD stains on my pillow. My goodness that was SO gross. The other thing that was so annoying was that EVERY time housekeeping came they would turn the temperature down to frigid zero before they left so I would come home to a freezer. I complained countless times and they never stopped until I started putting post-it note on the thermostat that said "DO NOT TOUCH." This hotel needs some SERIOUS help in the housekeeping department.

LOCATION -- I cannot deny that the location is amazing. So convenient and very close (walking distance) to so many restaurants.

STAFF -- I did bring my housekeeping issues to the staff's attention many times, however, no one bothered to do anything UNTIL I was asked to fill out a survey and I gave horrible ratings. At that point the manager offered to comp one night which I appreciated. BUT all the staff, especially the manager, was very nice to us throughout our entire stay.

Unfortunately this was not the "home away from home" that I was looking for, and I was SO happy when my husband and I checked out last week. I'm sure if you're looking for a one night stay you will be fine here, but I would definitely not stay here long term.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is a non-smoking floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sapna - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Your comments in regards to the customer service of our staff is much appreciated. I was disheartened to read that you were not satisfied with our housekeeping service and the timeliness in remedying your concerns. As a hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to all of the hotel staffs to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am pleased to hear that our location was convenient and ideal for your stay at our hotel. Congratulations on your new home!

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at DCW @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions.
I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

What can I say. I HATE THIS HOTEL! The people are unprofessional the maid service is horrid they didn't even want to clean my room after I'd stayed for weeks! And didn't want me to clean my own room. I would not recommend this hotel its horrible! The thing about it is the area

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize that we fail to give you a proper cleaning service. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are very sorry we did not meet your expectations. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at DCW@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Rockville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I came into the hotel and received nothing but the best Service. Malik greeted me with a smile and offered me with the utmost service. The entire staff seemed to enjoy their work and went out their way to provide me with an exceptional experience and stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Gerald - Thank you for your time and writing a review for our property. I'm so pleased to hear that Malik and our staff went out of their way to give great and courteous service during your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Choosing this as my place to stay was a great decision. The staff was extremely nice and made us feel welcomed as soon as we arrived. Malik checked us in and made it very quick and easy. The area is great and has a variety of food and shopping locations around. The hotel is extremely clean and comfortable for the few days we stayed. I would definetely come here again and recommend it to friend and family!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that Malik and our staff provided you with wonderful customer service during your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with cleanliness of our hotel and convenience of nearby shopping areas. Thank you again for your kind words.

The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a last minute choice by my friends and I but I'm glad we chose it. It's situated close to all main highways around the northern Virginia, DC area and there are tons of attractions close by. The staff is very friendly and helpful and overall the hotel offers a at home feel. Malik, the guy that checked us in made sure we were enjoying our stay and was very informative on the local area which made it easier for us to find places nearby. Would definitely come back again!!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It is so rewarding to read that you had made last minute choice and you had such a wonderful stay with us. I am happy to hear that Malik and our staff provided you with great service during your stay. Also, I am pleased to know that our location was convenient for your needs. I'm thrilled that you are excited about your stay and you decided to stay with us again.

Once more, thank you for choosing our hotel.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling? Share your experiences!