“Don't be fooled by the pictures” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   46001 Waterview Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't be fooled by the pictures”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Lets just start off with the fact that I spent no more then 5 minutes in my room before I checked out. I have never stayed in an extended stay type hotel before, but I have been inside many of them since I am a 911 responder. My first clue should of been when I stepped out of the elevator to see old and beat up carpet, followed by a stench of cigarette smoke. I am not a smoker so the smell really bothers me. When I opened the door to the room, it looked as if the last person had just left. ALL of the drawers and cabinets were wide open and the room had a horrible smell. The bed linen had holes in it. I just felt dirty being inside the room. My luggage didn't even leave the luggage cart. I quickly pulled out my phone and called a Hyatt House and left the property. After reading some reviews and seeing the "professional photos" before I booked I felt okay booking, but let me tell you, do not be fooled. Not at all what I expected.

Now not wall was bad. The lady at the front desk was very polite and friendly at check-in, and when I came back down to leave, she was very understanding and offered to put me in a different room, but as they say, "first impressions are everything." The other quick positives I can say are the free parking and free wifi. Aside from that, I don't know.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the hallway had an unpleasant smell and that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's high standards. In response, I have met with the staff, and we are working to improve our cleaning policies to ensure a situation like yours is not repeated in the future. As well, our maintenance staff is working to eliminate the odor as soon as possible. Still, I am glad to read that our staff provided you with helpful service.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at DCW@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

First time at Extended stay America. We love it ! Bruk at the front desk is a keeper!! No matter what is going on.. He takes care of it promtly and efficiently. We even extended our stay. He made us feel right at home. He is calm, helpful, courteous and always has a beautiful welcoming smile on his face. My mother loves him because he got her extra coffee... :) We will definitely stay again when in the area.
Thanks Bruk!
Tracy and Betty miller

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a rewarding review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service our staff provided to you during your stay, especially by Bruk. I will be sure to share your kind comments with him and the rest of the team.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We had the opportunity to stay here thru a Priceline.com offer. We have not been disappointed w/ Priceline or TripAdvisor. Arrival was a little shakie. The hotel took care of every issue we encountered. We had 2 rooms. One room-no problem. The other room not so good but we were switched to another room. After that, our week stay went very well. We enjoy the grab & go breakfast. The bed was so comfortable; I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that your check-in was a little shaky; however, I am glad that our staff was able to rectify the situation in an efficient manner. It is great to know that your stay was very good regardless and that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as the bed in your room.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay America in Sterling, VA. I am a travel nurse and I change my location almost every three months and I have to stay this was a great pic. I work nights and im pleased that there is no problem with noise. The location is also great because it is close to everything!!!! Very nice area. Great price too, esp if you are staying as long as I am.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Tiffeny - It is so rewarding to read that you are having a comfortable and quiet stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location and great service from our hotel staff. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have recently moved in Sterling due to new job. I have been staying in this hotel for about 2 months now. The rooms are clean and housekeeping was great. It was punctually done every Tuesday. I would like to mention that the front desk staff was exceptionally helpful. Special thanks to Ather and Soniya from the desk. I have got all help needed from them whether it might be surrounding hotels or places. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such encouraging and supportive things about our hotel and the entire staff. I am so glad that we provided you with such great service and made your stay so enjoyable.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had a great two weeks stay at extended stay america sterling washington Dc.
the hotel manager Mr. Zerbuk Gemoraw made the stay very comfortable.
His efficient management of the hotel really impressed me.
The way he was running the place was great...good housekeeping....nicely organized grab and go breakfast. hats off to him :-))))
Everything was great.

Room Tip: higher rooms have less AC unit noise.... but if you can get a room facing the lake it would be great...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at this hotel for over 3 months now, and we are really happy with it. I have been traveling a lot due to out of state projects with work since 2008 and this has been on of our most pleasant stays. The hotel is clean and really accommodating to our needs, and the staff members are very helpful and polite. I have enjoyed talking to the front desk staff. Anything i need, they respond to it immediately. The hotel manager Bruk is very nice and helpful. The front desk manager Malik is very professional and always greets us while we walk by, we also have long conversations about many things. The other front desk staff Sonya and Athar are also very nice. My wife and I are very thankful for this hotel and make us feel right at home. I rate this hotel number 1!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling? Share your experiences!