“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the Extended Stay America in Sterling. The room was very clean the atmosphere was quiet and Nargees who works at the front desk was very helpful. She truly cares about the guests staying there and always wants to make sure that you are having a good stay. I would recommend this hotel to a friend or a family member.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thomas - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our team is taking good care of you! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and are up here on a job and we Started our stay On April 14, 2013 And still here. Before we came here We stayed at another hotel in Sterling Virginia For a week And the service and rooms was horrible!!!!!!! I am so glad we found this Motel, My
husband and I have twin girls And the rooms are big and The staff is kid friendly!!!!! One in particular employee by the name Burk has been very kind, nice, and helpful since we know NOTHING ABOUT VIRGINIA! We are from North Carolina and Mr. Burk has went out of his way to help us all he can( of course he hasn't been our babysitter yet, but I believe if I asked him he would try) I RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO EVERYONE THAT IS EITHER OUT OF TOWN OR NEED A PLACE TO STAY!!!!! The rooms are clean and the maids have done a good job keeping all our supplies stocked! Like I said this motel is a definite 5 star when it comes to customer service, maid service, and room size. Thanks Burk for being so good to my family when we need someone, also the other front desk clerks ate very nice, I just usually deal with Burk cause its during the day when I've needed help!!!! So please if your traveling give this motel a try you will enjoy your stay, cause me and my family DEFINATLY HAVE!!!!! Thanks, The Mendez Gomez Family

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such glowing remarks about our hotel and services. I am proud of our team for providing you with the attention you can expect and deserve from our company.

Thank you again for your loyalty and for sharing your comments with us!
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I relocated for a new position in D.C. I have been residing at this hotel for a month and will extend my stay for one additional month while I seek permanent housing here. I could not be more pleased with the service and convenience! The hotel and surrounding areas are kept scrupulously clean and ALL of the staff, [from the maid who cleans my room once a week to the men and women who man the front desk; to the man who cleans out the trash room on my floor] are professional, attentive, and courteous and friendly. In my opinion, this is because the hotel manager, Brooke, is doing his job at a superior level. He is professional, friendly, and never fails to make everyone feel welcome and well cared fo. Any little item I need or have a question about is treated seriously and is attended to immediately. His management is superb!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor, away from the elevator and the front of the building are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cheryl - Thank you for posting such a complimentary review! I am so pleased to know that you are happy with our staff and the service we provide. The staff and I are looking forward to continuing this relationship with you!

Thank you again for your kind words and let us know if there is anything you need.
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and by far I have not had a single problem. The staff here is amazing. Nargees was very efficient and provided excellent customer service. She greeted me with a warm smile, checked me in, and directed me to my room. I didn't find anything wrong with my room at all. No funky smell, no smoke odor, no bugs, nothing of that sort. This hotel also has a grab and go breakfast which I though was very convenient. Overall, my extended stay experience was great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such complimentary remarks about our entire team, the great service we provided to you and in regards to your guest room. We strive to provide a home away from home experience, and it sounds like we did just that!

Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we hope to see you again soon!
Fairfield, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed in hotes about a third of a year. I have a good and disappointing times in different places. But my time with your place was good so I just want to share my experience. I want to tell that my time at Extended Stay America was so nice. Bed was comfortable, receptionists Malik and Nargees were so welcoming. I enjoyed the breakfast. I will absolutely recommend this place to my friends. I hope I will see you again when I come to your area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Adu - It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for providing you with such personalized service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We can’t wait to host you again in the future!
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the positive reviews here on Tripadvisor and based on the great location. HOWEVER, when I got to my "non-smoking" room it made me gag! I am not nor have ever been a smoker and this was nasty. Went back to the desk for a new room, which Mr. Malik took care of quickly and very professionally. My new room, albeit not smelling of smoke had a real funky/musty smell. Worse with re AC on so I turned it off to minimize the smell. Thank goodness I was only there one night because I would have changed hotels. I stay in hotels approx. 60-80 nights per year and this was the first time I felt mislead by the reviews here on tripadvisor.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Being placed in two different smoking rooms which both held a slight smoke odor is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I am coaching the staff on how to save rooms that will fulfill guest requests.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dcw@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a mixed smoking/non-smoking hotel. Kind of surprising. When I was checking in the guy who checked in before me came back and said his room reeked of cigarette smoke, and got a new room. Then when I got to my room it too reeked of cigarette smoke (it was supposed to be non-smoking). So I went back and got a new room. This new room smelled funky, but it didn't reek of cigarettes. I figured out later that the funky smell was a a weaker smell of cigarrettes. Also, the on faucet water filter was smeared with what looked like cake batter. Gross. The whole sink area was dirty.

On the positive side the TV had a whole bunch of Indian channels which were quite interesting, most of them in Hindi or Marathi. The bed was comfortable and the heater/air worked quite well. For the price I guess it was ok, probably would be a 5 star hotel in Bangladesh or Somalia. If you don't like cigarette smoke residue however this hotel is not for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I received a copy of your review, and would like to personally respond. I am excited to read your positive remarks about our selection of TV channels, how comfortable the bed was and how easy it was to control your rooms temperature. However, I am very sorry to learn of the discomfort caused by the smoke odor. I met with the staff, and we will make sure all rooms are fully inspected and vents are functioning properly to ensure that the experience you had is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope you will consider us the next time you are in town. Thanks again and let me know if there is anything I can do to further assist you.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling? Share your experiences!