This is a mixed smoking/non-smoking hotel. Kind of surprising. When I was checking in the guy who checked in before me came back and said his room reeked of cigarette smoke, and got a new room. Then when I got to my room it too reeked of cigarette smoke (it was supposed to be non-smoking). So I went back and got a new room. This new room smelled funky, but it didn't reek of cigarettes. I figured out later that the funky smell was a a weaker smell of cigarrettes. Also, the on faucet water filter was smeared with what looked like cake batter. Gross. The whole sink area was dirty.
On the positive side the TV had a whole bunch of Indian channels which were quite interesting, most of them in Hindi or Marathi. The bed was comfortable and the heater/air worked quite well. For the price I guess it was ok, probably would be a 5 star hotel in Bangladesh or Somalia. If you don't like cigarette smoke residue however this hotel is not for you.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I received a copy of your review, and would like to personally respond. I am excited to read your positive remarks about our selection of TV channels, how comfortable the bed was and how easy it was to control your rooms temperature. However, I am very sorry to learn of the discomfort caused by the smoke odor. I met with the staff, and we will make sure all rooms are fully inspected and vents are functioning properly to ensure that the experience you had is not repeated.
Report response as inappropriate
I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope you will consider us the next time you are in town. Thanks again and let me know if there is anything I can do to further assist you.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.