“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sterling Dulles North Hotel

You added Sterling Dulles North Hotel to your Saves list
Sterling Dulles North Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21123 Whitfield Place, Sterling, VA 20165 (Formerly TownePlace Suites Sterling Dulles North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
new york ny
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel is your typical townplace suites, but what sep this hotel from others is the staff. they give 100% to make sure from the momement you check in everything is done to make your stay a pleasure. In todays world its nice to see that cust service is still alive and well.Kudos to Jackie Bushra, and Mario.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I booked a room thru priceline for 2 nights. The property was a bit older and I suspect that Marriott bought it and did a slight renovation. The room had a queen (or full, can't recall) sized bed with a sofabed, 32 inch flat panel tv, ottoman, table for eating, fridge with freezer, dishwasher, full stove, microwave, kitchen sink, cabinets, nice size closet, and of full bathroom with tub. The hotel offers a free continental breakfast each morning with cereal, bagels, juice, boiled eggs, and fruit. Free coffee all day long. Free internet. Computers if needed at the office. Lots of conveniences and very close to major shopping areas and highways. We went to several restaurants, stores, and attractions and were always there within minutes.

As stated, the hotel did show age. There was an ancient thermostat on the wall. The tilework in the bathroom showed wear and tear. Our room was very clean and the housekeeper even came by before we checked out whereas most extended stay type of facilities do not come to clean if you staying less than 3 days unless requested. If you do not require four or five star type of hotels, you would be satisfied. All in all, we were very pleased with our stay and would definitely stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Washington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was the second time we've stayed at this extended stay hotel during relocations in the last decade. Both times, the customer service has been great. The hotel is basic; your average room with simple furnishings. All rooms have a small kitchen. They are also able to accommodate pets, which is very convenient. We opted for a two-bedroom corner unit with one bath and a kitchen. At a $109/night for a 30 day or more stay, you can't beat it.

Our experience: everyone at the front desk was extremely friendly and very accommodating (thank you Jesse, Erika, and Joseph for your hospitality). They have fresh-baked cookies and lemonade in the afternoons and throughout the evening, which my kids looked forward to every day after school. If they arrived and the cookies weren't ready yet, one of the front desk clerks would call our room to tell the kids to come down and get their cookies when they were ready. Breakfast in the morning is a grab and go, and we were satisfied with the selections (granola and cereal bars, cereal and milk, bagels, muffins, fruit, coffee and juice). The pool was open for part of our stay, and we used it a few times. The gym needs some work, but since we were relocating to the area, we joined Gold's Gym in the shopping center right behind the hotel and used that gym instead. The hotel keeps some sodas and basic food items available for purchase, but again, there is a shopping center within walking distance with a Giant and plenty of restaurants in the area.

My only complaint, the hotel is noisy (including us being noisy). You can hear your neighbors' TVs, noise from the parking lot, etc. However, most people are considerate of one another since many are traveling business men and families moving to the area. If I had to stay long-term somewhere in this area again, I would definitely stay here...you can't beat the price or the friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Corner units are two-bedrooms and one bath with a kitchen; much more comfortable for families.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

The interior of my room was HORRIBLE. Not only was I next to the Water Heater Room which constantly made noise but the guest room was old and you could see the age all over. Lets start out by the peeling paint around the bathroom light switch. When you replace the face plate I would replace it with the same color as the light switch but in my bathroom they used a biscuit color face plate for a white light switch, but what made it worse was the paint around the plate was all peeling. The carpet in the room was not clean so I would not walk barefoot which I like to do at home. When I rent a room in a hotel for $100+ I like to think the room is cleaner than my house...not in this case...
Dear Hotel Manager, I'm in the hotel business and I can tell you as a road warrior salesman....you need a full guestroom upgrade or PIP....

Room Tip: make sure you don't have bed bugs in the room. I was on the 1st floor and was fine but my boss w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

TownePlace Suites Sterling Dulles North has major customer service issues. I made a reservation for one of my travelers through a 3rd party website and paid in full- my guest had to show her personal credit card upon check-in for incidentals- no problem this was expected...what wasn't expected is that upon check-out the hotel would charge her card for the full length of stay even though I had paid in full on-line. My traveler now has incurred over $150 worth of bank fees due to this unexpected charge. I have contacted the hotel every day for a week and the General Managers has yet to respond. I spoke to 2 different males at the front desk who were very disrespectful and at one point told me they would not give my message to the GM. What a disgrace to the Marriott reputation!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Coupeville, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were booked here for two weeks, in order to deal with a death in the family. First, we were directed to another Towne Place Suites in the area, which is apparently common, since this one doesn't seem to be on any GPS map system. The place is looking a little down at the heels, with crackling paint and rust and a non-functional small pool. Our stay was deeply affected by the lack of reliable internet for the first 12 days, despite a desk sign raving about their lightning fast internet.
The room was quite small. The kitchen was undersupplied--no sharp knife, no frying pan, etc. The stove was only partly functional, and the temps were rubbed off the oven dial. Maid service was erratic, coming anywhere from 0830 to 1645, and often neglecting such things as sweeping and resupplying soaps. The laundry room was suitable, except for the out of order soap vending machine. Breakfasts were minimal. When our toilet clogged, I was given a plunger, instead of service.
The only positive was the attitude of the staff. They were friendly and apologetic, as if the place was in the early phases of renovation. I hope that's true. As it stands, this place is an insult to the Marriott name.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Realistically: a 3.5. Rooms were clean, front desk was friendly and helpful. They gave us some information on the surrounding area, which was appreciated. Breakfast was a bit of a bust -- it was okay but there were a lot of bread/wheat options which wasn't convenient for the person in our party who is gluten intolerant. We had a two bedroom suite, assuming it would have 2 bathrooms as every other double room I've been in had 2, only to find that this location has 1 bathroom. We had 5 people staying in the room so it was a bit inconvenient to say the least. Price was decent for the size of the room and location. You're not far from the airport or the metro station, honestly. But I've stayed in better TownePlace Suites locations!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sterling Dulles North Hotel? Share your experiences!