“Clean, Comfortable, Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sterling Dulles

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sterling Dulles
You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sterling Dulles to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sterling Dulles
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21123 Whitfield Place, Sterling, VA 20165 (Formerly Sterling Dulles North Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Sale Save 25%
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Bird in Hand, Pennsylvania
“Clean, Comfortable, Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed at the Towne Place Suites by Marriot while on a weekend trip. LEnght of stay was one night. As others stated, almost drove by the hotel, if it werent for a little sign. Looks more like a typical townhouse complex found in any suburban location.

Was given a room on the first floor. Room was very clean, but did have a slightly musty odor upon entering. Bed was comfortable. Room consisted of a furnished kitchenette, a sitting area with couch/TV, and a well appointed bathroom. My biggest complaint was that the walls were obviously thin. Noise easily traveled from the rooms adjoining ours. It was a late night of kids misbehaving on one side, and a husband/wife talking loudly on the other.

I would recommend for a short stay, if the price is right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

When we entered the property we thought we took a wrong turn until I saw the Quality Inn sign outside the office. It looked like one of those expensive suburban condos. The place was relatively new. The pleasent staff served coffee, tea and home made cookies in the lobby. They provided internet access in the lobby which enabled me to print maps to guide us. The room actually had a full kitchen, yltra clean and cute. The living room had a sofa, a business center type of desk and a large cocktail table.

The only drawback was that, evidently, the only room left was a "disabled" assist room in which the enlarged bathroom takes space away fro the main room.

There was an outdoor patio oiutside the office building with confortable chairs, tables, an outdoor fireplace and a BBQ for use by the guests.

Free continental b'fast was good and the staff was delightful. BTW, it is just outside Dulles Airport, convenient to those leaving by air.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Weirton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I did like the location of this hotel. It is in more of a residential area and very quiet. There is a Logan's restaurant that is a very short walk to get to. The breakfast provided was not much of anything, unless you just want a muffin. Coffee was fine. I will have to agree that the halls did smell a bit musty, but our room was clean and did not smell. The AC worked fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This should not be a Marriott, just poor all around, room smells, halls smell, room dirty, noisy, breakfast is a joke. Avoid this place and try a Hilton or anything else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

the clerk at the front desk was rude, told me I didn't have the Marriott points I needed when I did. Next she gave me a room that smelled like smoke and told me that others have to check in before they cld give me another room. The replacement room was dirty and the housekeeper didn't come the next day. When I called about it, I was old that she was leaving at 5pm (it was 4:45) and the desk clerk asked ME to come down to the front desk and get my own towels. I checked out soon after and moved to Townplace in Chantilly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This place was an oasis for our family during the recent storms in the DC area. After day 3 of no power, we bailed on surviving in our hot and powerless house and were able to find 1 room available here and snapped it up. Upon arrival, we were frazzled, hot and exhausted. After an earlier mishap with Hampton Inn (who took our reservation without telling us they also had no power), just the fact that the A/C was on was such a relief. Three cheers for A/C! Anyway, the woman at the desk was so kind to us and got us into our room quickly. She seemed genuinely concerned and was reassuring. Staff overall was super nice. The room itself was good. Yes, it was cool and was clean. The kitchenette we had was great and we made smores to continue with our survival theme. The bed was comfy and my son slept on the sofabed and slept like a log. The desk and internet worked great and the flat screen TV was perfect. The workout room was nice - treadmill worked great but sketchy tv reception in workout room. Breakfast was awesome - had healthy options like yogurt, fruit. We would have stayed an extra night but our neighbors called to say power was back on in our neighborhood! Yippee. So, no time to do laundry at the hotel but we had planned to use their coin operated machines if our stay persisted. Overall, this place was great and preserved our sanity during the after math of the storm.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fairview Park, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

While the room itself was very nice and convenient, upon uncovering my bed for the first night, my sheets were FILTHY. They were extremely wrinkled and I could tell they hadn't been washed since the last person because of the following:

-A dried blood stain
-make up stain
-wrinkled
-didn't feel or smell clean
-upon checking for bed bugs, I lifted the mattress to find crumbs and a pretzel.

I immediately complained to the front desk and demanded new bedding, and the staff member could of cared less. Didn't apologize or even really say anything. He handed me bedding, only to discover that I was only given 1 sheet. I had a very uncomfortable nights sleep and would recommend firing the cleaning staff and adjusting customer service protocol--. I would not stay at this location again.

The continental breakfast is poorly organized as well. There is no table to sit at when you get there, so you have to eat standing up or carry your bowl of ceral and food with no tray or bag across the parking lot and up the stairwell to your room.

Room Tip: Check your room to make sure it was properly cleaned.