“Nice Place for the space” 5 of 5 stars

3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maryland
“Nice Place for the space”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

Great rates and service. They have multiple bedroom units which helps with kids. They let me park my car there for free for two weeks when I flew out of Dulles.

• Liked — Two bedrooms
  • Disliked — Breakfast could be better
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
kberkhimer, Owner & Management at TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2009
Dear Progolferkl,
Thank you for writing a review for the TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport! We appreciate the time it took to give your feedback!

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you will stay with us again!

Warm Regards,
The TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport Team

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lowell, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

We stayed at the Marriott Towne Place Suites Dulles Airport in Sterling, VA for two consecutive Sunday night through Friday Morning stays (a total of 10 nights) for a recent business trip that I had.

My family (wife + 3 kids) went with me so I reserved online a two bedroom suite which included a full kitchenette and a living/dining room area. This worked perfectly as I could check email, make coffee, etc. in the morning without disturbing anyone.

Review Highlights:
* The suite was very clean, modern, well maintained, and made you fell like you were at home.
* The beds were just OK. An upgrade to a more comfortable queen bed would have made our stay somewhat better.
* The staff was very friendly and accomodated us on all our needs even after our stay was over (we left something behind in the hotel).
* The kitchen was EXCELLENT. Had all the untelsils, pans, pots, etc. so we could make affordable delicous meals. Even had an dishwasher so we didn't have to do nightly dishes. The microwave came in handy to reheat dinners and make popcorn for a movie.
* The living room couch was very comfortable and turned into a sofa bed.. The TVs (our suite had 3 of them) were OK. Standard 19" tube tvs. My son was disappointed that he couldn't hook up his playstation to the TV (no connections)
* The exercise room had state of the art equipment but the room was a bit too small.
* The pool was very clean, warm temperature but a bit small however it was not crowded at all during our stay. Many times we were the only one there. The pool is staffed by a lifeguard which severely limits the hours (1pm to 8pm) which didn't work out well when you get home from business at 6 or 7pm, have to make dinner and the kids want to go in the pool (especially when sunset is at 830PM). Also the lifeguards seemed bored and tend to correct the kids at the simpliest things.
* The kids absolutely LOVED the free afternoon cookies
* My wife loved the free USA Today Newspaper
* I loved the free Wireless Connection
* Pets allowed but fee is rather steep ($100)
* There is coffee but no breakfast or resturant at this hotel. This is fine with me though as it keeps the price down! Example: Marriotts Residence Inn is about $50 more for a smaller room!
* Laundry facilities are great! $1.50 for wash and $1.50 for 45 minutes for dryer or $2.00 for 75 minutes (which I highly recommend for 1 load)
* There is even a Internet Station with printer. I was able to print discount tickets to Busch Gardens! (NOTE: Not near this hotel).
* This hotel is about 5-10 miles from Dulles Airport (and has a shuttle bus that visits every so often). It was neat seeing the planes come in. It was NOT loud at all within our room. We didn't even notice them.
* Washington DC is about a 30 to 45 minute drive. If you are planning to strictly visit this area, I would not suggest staying here.

Overall, Marriott's Towne Place Suite is great for families on a budget but want that home away from home feel. We loved the one at Dulles Airport location as well as the one in Tampa.

• Liked — Very clean and modern facilitie and suites
  • Disliked — Restricted pool hours
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

Stayed here for business with a co-worker, we stayed in a 2 bed room suite, which was nice to have two separate rooms for privacy.

There was little parking when i arrived, had to park quite away from the lobby.

There was only one person doing check-in, and the person in front of me was asking, in my opinion, stupid questions, which took forever. Probably took me a good 10-15 mins before i had my key.

The room was pretty small, not a very large kitchen, didnt use it though, living area was also fairly small. Bathroom was VERY small, you could not shut the door to the bathroom/shower while you were in there without practically standing over the toilet.

Room was clean, bed was comfy and also clean. No wireless internet only wired from the working desk.

Pool was not in the best location, outdoors right by the main drive, not very quite or private.

Overall, it was nice, but just didnt get that warm and fuzzy feeling while i was there, just couldnt get comfortable.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Middletown, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2006

I recently stayed at the TownePlace Dulles while attending a conference in Reston. I chose this hotel for the low rate and the ability to earn Marriott points. The hotel is wonderful. It is relatively new and in great shape. I stayed in a studio suite. The bed was wonderful with the new Marriott linens and pillows. Full kitchen was nice. Bathroom was spacious and clean. Hotel was quiet and parking was plentiful and well lit.

Hotel location was good. It's off of VA 28 about a mile north of Dulles Airport. It is very convenient to Reston and Herndon via Old Ox Road. No need to use the Dulles Toll Road and sit in the traffic. Overall this is a great place and I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!