“Wonderful Base of Operations” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Leesburg, Virginia
“Wonderful Base of Operations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I lived in Arlington VA most of my adult life, and moved to Costa Rica 4 years ago. I decided on this place because the rate was reasonable and it's a Marriott property. It wasn't easy to find at first, but the gentleman at the desk at night helped me find my way in the dark. He showed me two rooms, and said I could choose which one I wanted.
Part of the trip was for business, but mostly I was visiting friends around the metro area -- Silver Spring, Kensington, Springfield, Arlington, and Falls Church. Traffic was never a problem because I didn't have to travel at rush hour. The staff was extremely helpful, At one point early in my stay I was angry about some minor problem -- grouchy like a typical business traveller. I went down to the desk and apologized later It wasn't their fault. I forget the name of the gentleman who greeted me, but Bushra in particular was very helpful throughout my stay. It was easy for friends to find, and easy to drive to every location I wanted to visit. I have made reservations to be there for 20 nights at the beginning of September, and look forward to it. Each basic unit has a full kitchen and the internet connection was reliable. It will feel like going home this time. I was having difficulty walking last time because of a mild disability, but the staff looked after me, making sure I was parking in the closest spots near the entrance. Very comfortable. A desk to work from, a couch for relaxation, and the bed was comfortable. In the late afternoon or early evening, they put out a plate of freshly baked cookies. All around, a relaxing and tranquil place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
new york ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

What sep this hotel from other hotels is the outstanding personal service they provide. From the moment you arrive Jackie, Bushra, and Nick make you feel like home. Hotel is typical Towneplace Suites but with BBQ area instead of pool. When in the area give them a try and you will leave with a smile. P.S. look for Mario he is Mr fix it

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hartsville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I missed a late-night connection and needed a hotel in a pinch. I was very frustrated by the circumstances which led to this necessity, but luckily I discovered the TownePlace Suites. Using the complimentary airport shuttle, I arrived at the hotel very quickly. I was greeted in the most professional of manners and treated with a great deal of respect. The desk attendant was very kind, and helped change my negative attitude immediately. It's very difficult to have a frown when someone is genuinely being nice, courteous and professional.

The room was very clean and the amenities were appropriate for this type of hotel. I was pleased with the overall layout of the room, the number of receptacles for charging electronic devices and the temperature when I entered.

The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast, but with an added favorite of warmed french toast. I liked that extra touch.

I would highly recommend this hotel. If I get stuck in a similar situation again, I will definitely return to the TownePlace Suites.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have stayed more than 6 times at this hotel. The last time, I had a problem with my reservation koz I wanted to redeem my points when the hotel was fully booked. The GM, Mr. David, solved my problem in less than 40 minutes! I know how headache this can be & not all Gms do the same thing. I was so impressed by his professionalism, his leadership & his patience. He gets involved with all departments at this hotel, he even provides smokers at the terrace with ashtrays & opens the door to guests! He hooked me up forever along with all new comers. This hotel is getting very popular due to the staff. They are among the best. Thank you all & congratulations, Best Western to have such a special & elegant inside out GM.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
La Quinta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice hotel especially for longer stays. Close to Dulles airport. Very friendly and helpful staff, who routinely go out of their way to help. Reliable and speedy Wi-Fi, Breakfast was rather bare bones but the coffee was decent.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Place is cosy and homely. Front desk greets you with a friendly smile and is very helpful. The suites are big and roomy and well equipped. Great for family or group travel. Will definitely come back to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lift.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is minutes from the Airport. There is a shuttle which is suppose to run every 15 minutes (this is also my only complaint about the hotel, there were days I waited well over 45 minutes and one day I took a taxi to the Hotel after waiting 45 minutes) I must also add I was working at the Airport so daily I needed a ride to and from the Airport to the Hotel. I was in a standard room which had everything I could have needed. The kitchen area was great! There was great water pressure in the shower and even a mini walk-in closet. The staff was wonderful and Miss Brenda is the sweetest!! There is not much around the Hotel but there is a shuttle that will run you to near-by resturants and stores. My day started very early, well before the breakfast is schedules to start, but they always tried to have items out for us. The wi-fi worked well and it was easy to connect, never an issue with the wi-fi. Over-all this is an awesome hotel!

Room Tip: I was in room 220 which was in the building across the way from the main building (theres 2 building...
Green Features: I believe that they will only replace the bedding once a week and as typical only offer fresh towels if you place them on the floor instead of hanging them up.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!