“Last minute reservation, but I felt like Royalty.” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Hartsville, SC
“Last minute reservation, but I felt like Royalty.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I missed a late-night connection and needed a hotel in a pinch. I was very frustrated by the circumstances which led to this necessity, but luckily I discovered the TownePlace Suites. Using the complimentary airport shuttle, I arrived at the hotel very quickly. I was greeted in the most professional of manners and treated with a great deal of respect. The desk attendant was very kind, and helped change my negative attitude immediately. It's very difficult to have a frown when someone is genuinely being nice, courteous and professional.

The room was very clean and the amenities were appropriate for this type of hotel. I was pleased with the overall layout of the room, the number of receptacles for charging electronic devices and the temperature when I entered.

The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast, but with an added favorite of warmed french toast. I liked that extra touch.

I would highly recommend this hotel. If I get stuck in a similar situation again, I will definitely return to the TownePlace Suites.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have stayed more than 6 times at this hotel. The last time, I had a problem with my reservation koz I wanted to redeem my points when the hotel was fully booked. The GM, Mr. David, solved my problem in less than 40 minutes! I know how headache this can be & not all Gms do the same thing. I was so impressed by his professionalism, his leadership & his patience. He gets involved with all departments at this hotel, he even provides smokers at the terrace with ashtrays & opens the door to guests! He hooked me up forever along with all new comers. This hotel is getting very popular due to the staff. They are among the best. Thank you all & congratulations, Best Western to have such a special & elegant inside out GM.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
La Quinta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice hotel especially for longer stays. Close to Dulles airport. Very friendly and helpful staff, who routinely go out of their way to help. Reliable and speedy Wi-Fi, Breakfast was rather bare bones but the coffee was decent.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Place is cosy and homely. Front desk greets you with a friendly smile and is very helpful. The suites are big and roomy and well equipped. Great for family or group travel. Will definitely come back to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lift.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is minutes from the Airport. There is a shuttle which is suppose to run every 15 minutes (this is also my only complaint about the hotel, there were days I waited well over 45 minutes and one day I took a taxi to the Hotel after waiting 45 minutes) I must also add I was working at the Airport so daily I needed a ride to and from the Airport to the Hotel. I was in a standard room which had everything I could have needed. The kitchen area was great! There was great water pressure in the shower and even a mini walk-in closet. The staff was wonderful and Miss Brenda is the sweetest!! There is not much around the Hotel but there is a shuttle that will run you to near-by resturants and stores. My day started very early, well before the breakfast is schedules to start, but they always tried to have items out for us. The wi-fi worked well and it was easy to connect, never an issue with the wi-fi. Over-all this is an awesome hotel!

Room Tip: I was in room 220 which was in the building across the way from the main building (theres 2 building...
Green Features: I believe that they will only replace the bedding once a week and as typical only offer fresh towels if you place them on the floor instead of hanging them up.
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had a very nice stay here. The staff was friendly and the breakfast more than met our needs. The room was clean, well accommodated, and had a small kitchen. Was the right price and would stay here again no problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Naples, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My first contact with the hotel was a call asking for information regarding the advertised free shuttle from Dulles Airport. The receptionist explained that there would be a shuttle every 15 minutes. After waiting for more than 45 minutes, I called again to ask the status of the van, and if it wasn't coming, how far the hotel was from the hotel (in order to estimate cab fare). When I asked these questions, I was berated for not being at the correct pick-up location (I was). I got yelled at for approximately 3 minutes before I could break in and ask how far away the hotel was. So, "free transport" to the hotel cost me almost $15 in cab fare.

When I arrived at the reception area, I was not impressed with its cleanliness or organization. That feeling continued when I went into my room. Although the bed was comfortable, the room was not well-apportioned and was not in good condition.

I checked out the following morning, thankfully, and had breakfast. The breakfast room was dirty and not well kept.

I was highly disappointed with this location, as I have stayed at great Towne Place Suites in the past. I am assuming this location is an outlier and does not represent the company. However, in the future I will be wary if I book a night with this hotel chain!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dave M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I am sorry to hear of your experience with our hotel. the tream at the TownePlace Suites is award winning in customer service and operations, so to hear that we performed well below our high standards is saddening. I want to sincerely apologise to you for your experience and I will assure you we will review our procedures and standards with the team to avoid challenges like this again.

Been to TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!