“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Great hotel, not far from airport, but airplanes don't bother you. Big light suites with double bed, couch, kitchen, coffee machine, a/c. Very friendly and helpful staff speaks different languages. Free parking and wi-fi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Comfy, clean & nice. I come back for the excellent customer service at the front desk. Mrs. Bushra, Kate, Jackie & the super lady, Mrs. Brenda. She's got a magical voice, she knows what she is talking about, energetic, patient & extremly professional. I would like to thank her for remembering me, put up with my comments & my demands in a very polite, friendly & outstanding manner. Good hotel, elegant, clean & almost perfect for the brand except, for their TV system & channels. If they got that fixed, they will be no. 1 at this competitive area. Their afternoon shuttle service is really convenient & appreciated. I always come back & mumble about TV! Great spirit & a safe place to be. I recommend it to whoever will be in the area. I wish they'll have a proper TV system like any other Town Place Suites so, I would recommend it as an extended place hotel. Thank you all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed at Towneplace suites twice--the night before our trip to Mexico, and the night we returned from Mexico. The staff were extremely helpful and had our pack n play waiting in the room for our son. My husband is a Marriott platinum member, so we were upgraded to the 2 bedroom suite without asking. We had a late night flight the day were were leaving and were able to arrange a pro-rated stay to allow us extra time in the room, not at the airport. The breakfast is modest but did the trick for our family. It was nice to have free transport to the hotel, with shuttles that are frequent.

There is not much around the hotel (if you are without a car), but O'Malley's pub is convenient (Holiday Inn restaurant). Try the French Onion soup--probably the best I have had!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed one night here on a recent businsess trip, staff was pretty friendly, room was ok. My biggest gripe was the TV, after a tough day you want to crash and zone out in front of the TV, one of my favorite shows is on NBC, the NBC channel was unwatchable. A call to the front desk offers an excuse that it is the cable company, and then the best thing is, "you can come down to the lobby watch that TV, it is the best in the house." I don't think they really wanted me to do that! The tile grout had mold in it, the bath towels were stained, and the little bottle of shampoo was empty! Seems like small things, but they all add up. I would not stay here again, for the same $ you can get a better place.

Green Features: did not really see any enviromentally friendly practices
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dave M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable when your stay is not meeting standards you expect. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, we did have channel clearity issues during thet time of your stay and our cable provider had fixed all the issues quickly the following day.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 10 months ago. Really, great people. I must thank them all. Ms. Jackie, Mrs. Bushra, Mrs. Brenda & Ms. Katie. They go out & beyong their way to help or to support a guest's need & request. The location is not fantastic but, the daily & free shuttle, makes it up to the location. I hope to see better TV channels though since the hotel is excellent by all means. I will come back & will recommend this place to everybody. Thanlk you all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at this excellent hotel for 7 nights. It truly was home away from home (especially once I was able to compare it with other extended stay hotels in the same trip). Our room was on the ground floor, spacious enough, comfortable bed, very well-equipped kitchen, decent continental breakfast and laundry facilities. The front-desk staff was always pleasant and helpful. The freshly-baked cookies every afternoon were delicious!
I especially loved that the kitchen had everything needed to make proper meals given than we were staying long enough that eating every single meal out becomes quite expensive (and not healthy!).
Although we did not use the outdoor common area with fireplace and grill, it looked like a nice place to relax in the evening. There is also a shuttle that takes you to shopping/dining every evening.
The only downsides were - sofa bed was terrible (but then all sofa beds pretty much are terrible) and location is not within walking distance of anything.
I would definitely stay here again if I am back in the area and need an extended stay hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chesterfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The Towneplace Suites in Sterling has been my choice of hotel in the area for three trips during this year. The most recent was in August 2013. The staff is always welcoming and the atmosphere is good. I have only stayed in the main building and the appliances are modern, and the furnishings good. The work area is spacious and the Internet was reliable, if a bit slow. All told, it's a good property. My one critique, and I think this is of Towneplace in general, is that there is NO variety between days offered for breakfast. If you happen to be staying for a full week, you will get tired of seeing the exact same things every morning; a bit of variety and options would really spice up the stay. Otherwise, it's a nice hotel, quiet surroundings and good staff.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!