We stayed at the Marriott Towne Place Suites Dulles Airport in Sterling, VA for two consecutive Sunday night through Friday Morning stays (a total of 10 nights) for a recent business trip that I had.
My family (wife + 3 kids) went with me so I reserved online a two bedroom suite which included a full kitchenette and a living/dining room area. This worked perfectly as I could check email, make coffee, etc. in the morning without disturbing anyone.
* The suite was very clean, modern, well maintained, and made you fell like you were at home.
* The beds were just OK. An upgrade to a more comfortable queen bed would have made our stay somewhat better.
* The staff was very friendly and accomodated us on all our needs even after our stay was over (we left something behind in the hotel).
* The kitchen was EXCELLENT. Had all the untelsils, pans, pots, etc. so we could make affordable delicous meals. Even had an dishwasher so we didn't have to do nightly dishes. The microwave came in handy to reheat dinners and make popcorn for a movie.
* The living room couch was very comfortable and turned into a sofa bed.. The TVs (our suite had 3 of them) were OK. Standard 19" tube tvs. My son was disappointed that he couldn't hook up his playstation to the TV (no connections)
* The exercise room had state of the art equipment but the room was a bit too small.
* The pool was very clean, warm temperature but a bit small however it was not crowded at all during our stay. Many times we were the only one there. The pool is staffed by a lifeguard which severely limits the hours (1pm to 8pm) which didn't work out well when you get home from business at 6 or 7pm, have to make dinner and the kids want to go in the pool (especially when sunset is at 830PM). Also the lifeguards seemed bored and tend to correct the kids at the simpliest things.
* The kids absolutely LOVED the free afternoon cookies
* My wife loved the free USA Today Newspaper
* I loved the free Wireless Connection
* Pets allowed but fee is rather steep ($100)
* There is coffee but no breakfast or resturant at this hotel. This is fine with me though as it keeps the price down! Example: Marriotts Residence Inn is about $50 more for a smaller room!
* Laundry facilities are great! $1.50 for wash and $1.50 for 45 minutes for dryer or $2.00 for 75 minutes (which I highly recommend for 1 load)
* There is even a Internet Station with printer. I was able to print discount tickets to Busch Gardens! (NOTE: Not near this hotel).
* This hotel is about 5-10 miles from Dulles Airport (and has a shuttle bus that visits every so often). It was neat seeing the planes come in. It was NOT loud at all within our room. We didn't even notice them.
* Washington DC is about a 30 to 45 minute drive. If you are planning to strictly visit this area, I would not suggest staying here.
Overall, Marriott's Towne Place Suite is great for families on a budget but want that home away from home feel. We loved the one at Dulles Airport location as well as the one in Tampa.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Washington Dulles Airport Hotel
- Towneplace Suites Washington Dulles Airport Hotel Sterling
- Towneplace Suites Sterling
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Marriott Washington Dulles TownePlace Suites, your ideal choice for Washington Dulles Airport hotels. The Marriott Dulles TownePlace Suites provides convenient lodging in Washington near the Washington Dulles International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo and Venere so you can book your TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.