“Not for my needs but thanks to Laura & Alexa to make things better!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not for my needs but thanks to Laura & Alexa to make things better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Clean & quite little hotel but unlike the one I liked at Falls Church, it has no in-room entertainment at all & the area is way too out of the way. The TV Channels are not set for a long or extended stay as they were the most boring ones, No super market or anything else within walking distance so, TV is essential if you stay on week-ends. Ms. Laura went out of her way to make things up to me, Ms. Alexia in the after noon were patient & ptofessional enough to get me a car when I missed the shuttle. Great front desk staff & an excellent new engineer. They are very apologetic but no compensation like that TownPlace suites in Falls Church who offered 3000 points when something minor went wrong. I guess it's the management who either encourage or discourage that. I won't stay here again & I wont recommend it to others due to the location & the TV channels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel offers smallish rooms, however they have everything you need. Full kitchen, albeit randomly equipped. If you are on a business trip, it is nice to make your own coffee, or heat up something from the doggie bag. Or even cook if you are up to the task. The rooms could use some TLC but are clean, the WiFi works great, parking is plentiful and the staff is among the friendliest. Location is a bit out of the way, but you can walk to a nice Irish Pub in the Holiday Inn (>5 mins). I come to the Dulles area often, will most likely have 75+ nights a year in the area and this is where I stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the highway, you can open your windows for fresh air
Green Features: This is Virginia, not the most up to date on recycling, thought hotel tries. Would be great if they adopted the use of room key to activate the lights etc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Franklin PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here for 31 days becayse we sold our house and had to finish out the school year. It was safe, clean, quiet, and very nice. I enjoyed speaking with the women and men at the front desk, and they were extremely helpful in sharing local information. The breakfast was always ready early, which made it nice for me as I had to get to school on time.

Room Tip: Because I was alone some of the time, they were kind enough to give me a third floor room in the cen...
Green Features: Recycling bins and less laundry were two of the standouts.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Depoe Bay, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stay at dozens of Marriott properties every year. We tend to look for TownePlace Suites as our first choice, mainly for the combination of the kitchen, potential for one- and two-bedroom suites, and very good value.
We have also found that, for some reason, the folks running the hotels in this chain provide noticeably better customer service. We have arrived late at night and have had them prepare "meals" for us from what they had in the breakfast kitchen and their "store." Their lobby design and the way they interact with guests seems more like a living room than a standard hotel. The difference in service and atmosphere is noticeable. It also "feels" like the owners or managers are always there, running the front desk....
The folks at this Dulles Airport location were exceptional--all of them. We probably had contact with five different people at the front desk, and each one was clearly customer-oriented. They were extremely friendly when we arrived. They did not leave anyone standing in line when they arrived. Someone was available to help us and two other parties immediately when we got there.
When our first set of keys didn't work and I had to go back for more, the woman at the desk escorted me back up to the room to make sure they worked. Five minutes later she was at our door with five snack items from their store and she apologized for the inconvenience.
When I asked about a pizza place later, they showed me their restaurant display and had menus available for half a dozen local pizza shops. They didn't just point out where the display was. One of the three desk people went through the choices with me and made sure I knew how to get around.
When we left, the same person who took care of our keys and brought us snacks at the beginning saw us with our cart full of luggage and greeted me by name (after we had been there only one night!). I am somewhat disabled, and she hurried over to grab the cart and roll it out to our car. She helped my wife load them into the car, and then took the cart back herself.
Couldn't ask for a friendlier place to stay. I would go out of my way to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Henrietta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

What a great hotel - everthing was glistening clean and the staff was friendly, helpful and informative about the surrounding area. I hope to have a chance to stay here again!! The outdoor fireplace was a lovely way to wind down after a long day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Towne Place Suites from January 2013 through March and I have to say that I have never met a staff and management as wonderful as the staff here. They do an excellent job to make sure that your stay is a pleasant one.The rooms are exceptionally clean, the continental breakfast is great, and if you need anything extra the staff will do their best to accomodate you, and my kids loved the assortment of fresh baked cookies provided daily by the staff. We truly feel like I'm at home here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night before a very early flight. The check-in went quickly and they asked if we needed a wake up call, shuttle, local restaurant and really did everything to make us feel valued. The rooms are average but very clean. They even opened the breakfast room (continental breakfast) early so we could get something before our flight.We parked at the property as it is less expensive than Dulles. Although we arrived after shuttle hours, they arranged to get us on a shuttle of another hotel which took us right to our car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!