We stay at dozens of Marriott properties every year. We tend to look for TownePlace Suites as our first choice, mainly for the combination of the kitchen, potential for one- and two-bedroom suites, and very good value.
We have also found that, for some reason, the folks running the hotels in this chain provide noticeably better customer service. We have arrived late at night and have had them prepare "meals" for us from what they had in the breakfast kitchen and their "store." Their lobby design and the way they interact with guests seems more like a living room than a standard hotel. The difference in service and atmosphere is noticeable. It also "feels" like the owners or managers are always there, running the front desk....
The folks at this Dulles Airport location were exceptional--all of them. We probably had contact with five different people at the front desk, and each one was clearly customer-oriented. They were extremely friendly when we arrived. They did not leave anyone standing in line when they arrived. Someone was available to help us and two other parties immediately when we got there.
When our first set of keys didn't work and I had to go back for more, the woman at the desk escorted me back up to the room to make sure they worked. Five minutes later she was at our door with five snack items from their store and she apologized for the inconvenience.
When I asked about a pizza place later, they showed me their restaurant display and had menus available for half a dozen local pizza shops. They didn't just point out where the display was. One of the three desk people went through the choices with me and made sure I knew how to get around.
When we left, the same person who took care of our keys and brought us snacks at the beginning saw us with our cart full of luggage and greeted me by name (after we had been there only one night!). I am somewhat disabled, and she hurried over to grab the cart and roll it out to our car. She helped my wife load them into the car, and then took the cart back herself.
Couldn't ask for a friendlier place to stay. I would go out of my way to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dulles Airport! Located within 4 miles of the Washington Dulles International Airport, the TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport offers a convenient commute for out of town guests. Our all-suite extended stay hotel offers all of the amenities to make you feel at home including, spacious living areas, flexible floor plans, free parking, complimentary Wifi, full kitchens with utensils and dishware, Free hot breakfast, and much more. TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport also offers complimentary shuttle service to the Dulles International Airport and to other local attractions. Ask front desk for shuttle details. Whether you are staying for business or pleasure our Dulles Airport hotel will be sure to meet your travel needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Washington Dulles Airport Hotel Sterling
- Towneplace Suites Sterling