“Best customer service you'll find.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Depoe Bay, Oregon
“Best customer service you'll find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stay at dozens of Marriott properties every year. We tend to look for TownePlace Suites as our first choice, mainly for the combination of the kitchen, potential for one- and two-bedroom suites, and very good value.
We have also found that, for some reason, the folks running the hotels in this chain provide noticeably better customer service. We have arrived late at night and have had them prepare "meals" for us from what they had in the breakfast kitchen and their "store." Their lobby design and the way they interact with guests seems more like a living room than a standard hotel. The difference in service and atmosphere is noticeable. It also "feels" like the owners or managers are always there, running the front desk....
The folks at this Dulles Airport location were exceptional--all of them. We probably had contact with five different people at the front desk, and each one was clearly customer-oriented. They were extremely friendly when we arrived. They did not leave anyone standing in line when they arrived. Someone was available to help us and two other parties immediately when we got there.
When our first set of keys didn't work and I had to go back for more, the woman at the desk escorted me back up to the room to make sure they worked. Five minutes later she was at our door with five snack items from their store and she apologized for the inconvenience.
When I asked about a pizza place later, they showed me their restaurant display and had menus available for half a dozen local pizza shops. They didn't just point out where the display was. One of the three desk people went through the choices with me and made sure I knew how to get around.
When we left, the same person who took care of our keys and brought us snacks at the beginning saw us with our cart full of luggage and greeted me by name (after we had been there only one night!). I am somewhat disabled, and she hurried over to grab the cart and roll it out to our car. She helped my wife load them into the car, and then took the cart back herself.
Couldn't ask for a friendlier place to stay. I would go out of my way to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Henrietta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

What a great hotel - everthing was glistening clean and the staff was friendly, helpful and informative about the surrounding area. I hope to have a chance to stay here again!! The outdoor fireplace was a lovely way to wind down after a long day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Towne Place Suites from January 2013 through March and I have to say that I have never met a staff and management as wonderful as the staff here. They do an excellent job to make sure that your stay is a pleasant one.The rooms are exceptionally clean, the continental breakfast is great, and if you need anything extra the staff will do their best to accomodate you, and my kids loved the assortment of fresh baked cookies provided daily by the staff. We truly feel like I'm at home here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night before a very early flight. The check-in went quickly and they asked if we needed a wake up call, shuttle, local restaurant and really did everything to make us feel valued. The rooms are average but very clean. They even opened the breakfast room (continental breakfast) early so we could get something before our flight.We parked at the property as it is less expensive than Dulles. Although we arrived after shuttle hours, they arranged to get us on a shuttle of another hotel which took us right to our car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Broomfield, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I got stuck at Dulles when flights were canceled due to a large storm. I found this hotel with trip advisor. I picked it because the rate was good and the hotel and a shuttle to and from the airport plus provided room service. When I called not knowing what day I would be able to leave the ops manager who answered and the clerk who booked me in were very helpful and welcoming. The room was clean and comfortable. Having breakfast and the pantry food was a lifesaver. If I need to stay near the airport again I will book this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2013
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I spent one night here while up in Virginia for business. It is designed for a longer term stay, but it works good for a one night stay. There is no hot breakfast in the morning, but you can go down and pick up a bunch of things to take on the road with you which is very convenient for me. The room was nice and clean, with the bed in a different different room. There is a good amount of channels available on the tv as well, most in HD as well. Overall a nice place to stay, especially only using 7500 points it was well worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Aldinga, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Other than the noisy fridge and one instance of the toilet blocking, this was a nice spot. Clean, large and self contained suites and a free shuttle service and breakfast. Awesome place to stay on a budget if you're visiting dc, I would stay again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!