“Very accommodating in a storm!” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Broomfield, Colorado
“Very accommodating in a storm!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I got stuck at Dulles when flights were canceled due to a large storm. I found this hotel with trip advisor. I picked it because the rate was good and the hotel and a shuttle to and from the airport plus provided room service. When I called not knowing what day I would be able to leave the ops manager who answered and the clerk who booked me in were very helpful and welcoming. The room was clean and comfortable. Having breakfast and the pantry food was a lifesaver. If I need to stay near the airport again I will book this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2013

Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I spent one night here while up in Virginia for business. It is designed for a longer term stay, but it works good for a one night stay. There is no hot breakfast in the morning, but you can go down and pick up a bunch of things to take on the road with you which is very convenient for me. The room was nice and clean, with the bed in a different different room. There is a good amount of channels available on the tv as well, most in HD as well. Overall a nice place to stay, especially only using 7500 points it was well worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank USFBowler
Aldinga, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Other than the noisy fridge and one instance of the toilet blocking, this was a nice spot. Clean, large and self contained suites and a free shuttle service and breakfast. Awesome place to stay on a budget if you're visiting dc, I would stay again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here with my parents. The room was very clean and spacious. We had to be at the airport at 6am. The breakfast opened early and had a nice selection. The airport shuttle didn't arrive on time but the front desk guy drove us to the airport so we could be there on time. The service was excellent. Brenda was really kind and made us feel welcome. The coffee was fresh and the room kitchen was well-equipped. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed hear because DH was flying in and I was meeting him here later in the evening. Didn't really use any amenities because it was a short stay. Staff was helpful with last minute forgotten items :)

• Stayed November 2012
Sarasota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place is a Marriott but it should not be, rooms smell, pillows smell, noisy fridge in room, toilets don't work, breakfast is a fast food disaster. Avoid it if you can, their have to be better places in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
FrankOhara, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Hello richannc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We take all of our guests’ feedback very seriously so that we can always strive to improve their experience staying with us.

We apologize for the experience that you had during your stay and would like to assure you that this is not a typical experience that we hear from our guests and is certainly unacceptable to us. We have taken steps to immediately address the issues with your room and also prevent them from happening elsewhere in the hotel. We are reviewing procedures with our housekeeping team and also investigating ways to improve our breakfast selection.

We hope that you will give us a second chance to prove how seriously we take our guests comfort and the service we provide.

Dave Moran
General Manager TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I love this place. I am here right now! I decided to stay here for one night since I have an early morning flight out of Dulles International in the morning. They have a nice outdoor patio/relaxation spot right near my room. They also have complimentary breakfast. My room looks like an apartment. It has a full mini kitchen with a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and a microwave. I have an office space with plenty of room. Television in the livingroom area and one In the bedroom. So cofy! Wow!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn

Been to TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!