“Pretty nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Aldinga, South Australia, Australia
“Pretty nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Other than the noisy fridge and one instance of the toilet blocking, this was a nice spot. Clean, large and self contained suites and a free shuttle service and breakfast. Awesome place to stay on a budget if you're visiting dc, I would stay again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here with my parents. The room was very clean and spacious. We had to be at the airport at 6am. The breakfast opened early and had a nice selection. The airport shuttle didn't arrive on time but the front desk guy drove us to the airport so we could be there on time. The service was excellent. Brenda was really kind and made us feel welcome. The coffee was fresh and the room kitchen was well-equipped. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed hear because DH was flying in and I was meeting him here later in the evening. Didn't really use any amenities because it was a short stay. Staff was helpful with last minute forgotten items :)

• Stayed November 2012
Sarasota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place is a Marriott but it should not be, rooms smell, pillows smell, noisy fridge in room, toilets don't work, breakfast is a fast food disaster. Avoid it if you can, their have to be better places in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
FrankOhara, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Hello richannc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We take all of our guests’ feedback very seriously so that we can always strive to improve their experience staying with us.

We apologize for the experience that you had during your stay and would like to assure you that this is not a typical experience that we hear from our guests and is certainly unacceptable to us. We have taken steps to immediately address the issues with your room and also prevent them from happening elsewhere in the hotel. We are reviewing procedures with our housekeeping team and also investigating ways to improve our breakfast selection.

We hope that you will give us a second chance to prove how seriously we take our guests comfort and the service we provide.

Dave Moran
General Manager TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. I am here right now! I decided to stay here for one night since I have an early morning flight out of Dulles International in the morning. They have a nice outdoor patio/relaxation spot right near my room. They also have complimentary breakfast. My room looks like an apartment. It has a full mini kitchen with a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and a microwave. I have an office space with plenty of room. Television in the livingroom area and one In the bedroom. So cofy! Wow!

• Stayed July 2012
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

it might be not good for big family in 2dbl room suite to chear only one bathroom , the front desk staff was so freindly and amazeeing to help me find another hotel ,as one bath room only for 5 ppl not accebtabel by me family .beside a/c was bad,the 2nd room so small , its really near the iad a/p .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I just spent eight weeks at the TownePlace Suites in Sterling because of business I was doing at nearby Dulles Airport. First and foremost, the staff, and Manager Dave were hands down the most caring and nicest staff I have ever met at any hotel location. They are always pleasant and accomodate every single request you have with a smile. They are to be commended for their customer service. I stayed in a studio type apartment on the third level and felt like it was my home. I never even had to wash a dish. Housekeeping would load and run my dishwahser for me daily. There is a laundry facility on the second floor which is very conveinent and affordable. $1.50 each for the washer and dryer. It is in an offbeat location as far as getting around if you do not have a vehichle with you. But if you do have your vehicle, your golden. There are soooo many options for shopping and dining all within a 10 miles radius. The Shuttle Service for the hotel does drop off at the shopping locations however only in the evenings between 6pm and 10pm. I would stay at this property again and again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport

Address: 22744 Holiday Park Drive, Sterling, VA 20166
Location: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#5 Green Hotel in Sterling
#12 Business Hotel in Sterling
Hotel Class:2.5 star — TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport 2.5*
Welcome to the Marriott Washington Dulles TownePlace Suites, your ideal choice for Washington Dulles Airport hotels. The Marriott Dulles TownePlace Suites provides convenient lodging in Washington near the Washington Dulles International Airport. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Towneplace Suites Washington Dulles Airport Hotel Sterling
Towneplace Suites Sterling

If you own or manage TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.