“Awesome!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Frederick, Maryland
“Awesome!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. I am here right now! I decided to stay here for one night since I have an early morning flight out of Dulles International in the morning. They have a nice outdoor patio/relaxation spot right near my room. They also have complimentary breakfast. My room looks like an apartment. It has a full mini kitchen with a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and a microwave. I have an office space with plenty of room. Television in the livingroom area and one In the bedroom. So cofy! Wow!

• Stayed July 2012

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

it might be not good for big family in 2dbl room suite to chear only one bathroom , the front desk staff was so freindly and amazeeing to help me find another hotel ,as one bath room only for 5 ppl not accebtabel by me family .beside a/c was bad,the 2nd room so small , its really near the iad a/p .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I just spent eight weeks at the TownePlace Suites in Sterling because of business I was doing at nearby Dulles Airport. First and foremost, the staff, and Manager Dave were hands down the most caring and nicest staff I have ever met at any hotel location. They are always pleasant and accomodate every single request you have with a smile. They are to be commended for their customer service. I stayed in a studio type apartment on the third level and felt like it was my home. I never even had to wash a dish. Housekeeping would load and run my dishwahser for me daily. There is a laundry facility on the second floor which is very conveinent and affordable. $1.50 each for the washer and dryer. It is in an offbeat location as far as getting around if you do not have a vehichle with you. But if you do have your vehicle, your golden. There are soooo many options for shopping and dining all within a 10 miles radius. The Shuttle Service for the hotel does drop off at the shopping locations however only in the evenings between 6pm and 10pm. I would stay at this property again and again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

this property is located between the Hampton Inn and the Holiday Inn. Our gps took us here no problem. I thought we were turning in to the wrong hotel but our Hotel was actually behind the Hampton. It is a clean place and the staff is very friendly. we booked a two bedroom suite. it had a nice kitchen with stove, fridge, sink and dishwasher, a nice big table to eat at, a living room with a couch and a chair and a coffee table. the bathroom is equipped with a hair dryer. there is a bathtub and shower with good water pressure. the beds are very comfortable. we were located on the ground floor room 116 at the end of the hall. the front desk reception girls were so nice, they baked us cookies. we had oatmeal raison, choc chip and m and m cookies. all complimentary. there is a coffee station in the lobby with excellent coffee and variety of teas. for breakfast they have assorted bagels, muffins and cereals along with fresh fruit and yogurts and two kinds of juice. also cartons of milk. also complimentary from 6 to 9 am. we truly enjoyed our stay and would recomend this place to family and friends. we were in town for a family reunion. we expected to hear air traffic being close to the airport but it was very quiet here. also we had use of the indoor swimming pool and work out facilities at the neighboring Holiday Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Merseyside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed here for a very short overnight stay for Dulles Airport. Complimentary shuttle very good, and staff were helpful at both check in and check out.
We were upgraded to a 2 bed suite, though we were only there 6 hours, which was welcome and appeared well equipped and clean and tidy. Bed was comfortable and breakfast was available at 5am when we were leaving and was adequate.
I can understand how some reviews say it is not good for restaurants close by, as it is in a quiet area fairly close to airport.
If you are looking for decent accommodation at a reasonable price near Dulles Airport I would definitely recommend Towne Place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last week and the hotel was alright. The kitchen was outdated and the room had a weird smell. Location was terrible. Only one restaurant to choose from walking distance and since it was inside another hotel, it was so expensive.

• Stayed March 2012
Dave M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Hi Katie28,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I can understand why the lack of walk to restaurants may have been inadequate for you, I am sorry to hear you were not able to utilize are complimentary shuttle to the local Towne Centers in the area, which would of offered over 30 different eating choices. The Team here at the TownePlace Suites wants to thank you for staying with us and even though it is a more conducive hotel for the business traveler because of its location, we still want every guest to feel at home when staying with us.

Thank you again for your comments and giving us the pleasure in serving you during your brief stay with us.

David Moran
General Manager TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Have stayed at this property a couple of times prior to flights the next morning. First and foremost, the staff is incredibly pleasant and welcoming. I visit a lot of hotels in my travels, and the folks here are just down right nice people.

As for the hotel, it's an all suite property with studios, one bedroom and two bedroom layouts. The rooms are quite spacious and include a kitchenette with a frig, stove, microwave, etc. I travel alone, but have stayed in the two bedroom suites, which are well suited for a family or small group. The work area is nice and the "living room" is well appointed. The location is great being close to major roadways, Dulles airport, shopping, dining, and the like. As is the case with most facilities in this area, the hotel can be tough to reach during peak traffic times. The volume of vehicles on 28/Sully Road can be suffocating at times, so be prepared to find alternate routes if necessary.

Up until recently, I never considered staying at a TownePlace Suites. No particular reason, I just prefer SpringHill Suites and Courtyard. Now that I've stayed in a couple of these properties, TownePlace is on my personal list of preferred hotels.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are very spacious.