Have stayed at this property a couple of times prior to flights the next morning. First and foremost, the staff is incredibly pleasant and welcoming. I visit a lot of hotels in my travels, and the folks here are just down right nice people.
As for the hotel, it's an all suite property with studios, one bedroom and two bedroom layouts. The rooms are quite spacious and include a kitchenette with a frig, stove, microwave, etc. I travel alone, but have stayed in the two bedroom suites, which are well suited for a family or small group. The work area is nice and the "living room" is well appointed. The location is great being close to major roadways, Dulles airport, shopping, dining, and the like. As is the case with most facilities in this area, the hotel can be tough to reach during peak traffic times. The volume of vehicles on 28/Sully Road can be suffocating at times, so be prepared to find alternate routes if necessary.
Up until recently, I never considered staying at a TownePlace Suites. No particular reason, I just prefer SpringHill Suites and Courtyard. Now that I've stayed in a couple of these properties, TownePlace is on my personal list of preferred hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Marriott Washington Dulles TownePlace Suites, your ideal choice for Washington Dulles Airport hotels. The Marriott Dulles TownePlace Suites provides convenient lodging in Washington near the Washington Dulles International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Washington Dulles Airport Hotel Sterling
- Towneplace Suites Sterling