“Good restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
McLean, Virginia
“Good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been here many times and haven't had a bad experience yet. The problem with the Cheesecake Factory is that they have a large menu and it takes a while to decide. I've ordered the Navajo a couple times and it never disappoints.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Richmond, VA
“Nice Appetizers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My son and I were pressed for time to get to a show. The wait was 20 minutes for a table so we opted to eat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and took our order right away. We ordered guacamole and chicken samosas with our drinks. We were served quickly and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were in and out in 40 minutes. The guacamole was god and the tortillas chips were warm. The chicken samosas were a little salty but edible served with a sour cream sauce. We enjoyed our small meal and made it to the show with plenty of time to spare.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Yuma, Arizona
“Go only for the cheesecake!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The food just isn't that good. Our party ordered several appetizers. Only 2 of the 5 were really good. The fish smelled bad and others that were fried were greasy. On the other hand, the cheesecake, of course, is fantastic. I LOVE the pineapple upside down cheesecake! Go for dessert. Forget the rest! If I were rating this restaurant for its food, I'd only give. 2; however, the cheesecake redeems it to a 3.

Visited October 2012
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Was not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I really never understood what all the rave was about. Seems like a popular place to eat for the younger crowd. Food was average, not a lot of taste in preparation. Cheese cake was pretty good and many varieties offered. If you go for coffee and cake you will be pleased.

Reston, Virginia
“Too many options!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've eaten at TCF numerous occasions and multiple locations. While the cheesecake is in fact 'all that' most of the dishes are average, a few are quite good and some, mediocre - so it really comes down to knowing what to order (i.e. the chicken chili) and/or just going for dessert. TCF is always clean, and the service consistently good. Having worked for years in food and beverage in my 20's, on one hand I applaud TCF for attempting to create such a diverse menu but know that this is a challenge behind the scenes. I think TCF might be able to deliver a better product overall if the menu selections were halved - and still...little would be lost in the variety and number of selections to choose from.

Visited July 2012