“CALAMARI WAS EXCELLENT!!” 3 of 5 stars

Cross street: Route 7 & Cascades Parkway
Ashburn, Virginia
“CALAMARI WAS EXCELLENT!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We started with a mojito and it was not the best we have had. Now the calamari was really good and would definitely order it again. I ordered the fish tacos as I wasn't that hungry. The tortillas were not very tasty, but the fish was nice. My wife had the Inner Harbor roll and she really liked it.

This was our second time to Hooked and will come back, just wont order the fish tacos again.

1 Thank DC_Cazador

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“New Brunch Menu.......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

So I went to Hooked to try out the new brunch menu. We got there at 11:30 when they opened and were the only table there. We ordered the French toast, shrimp and grits and lobster omelet. The service from the kitchen was so, like really slow. Even our server had to say something. She first bought out the omelet and asked if it was okay to bring the dishes out as they came.
The lobster omelet was good. It came with a lot of lobster in the inside. It’s stuffed with lobster, peppers, and onions and topped with a little cheese and served with potatoes. My omelet was brown, meaning that they cooked the eggs too long. However, I like my eggs cooked a little longer.
The French toast was okay. It was a little in the sweet side, I think they should serve the syrup on the side. The toast was topped with chopped fruit. I think the dish was overpriced.
The shrimp and grits were good. The dish was presented nicely. There wasn’t a lot of extra topping over the shrimp and grits. Topped with a little sauce, some bacon and some green herbs for color.
After we ate we were deciding what we would come back to eat again, and we couldn’t pick any of the three dishes. Don’t get me wrong the food is not bad, but it’s not great either.
I’m not rushing back to Hooked for their brunch. I think the kitchen staff needs to take a little more time and get the menu down. For the amount of money that I paid for brunch I would go somewhere else.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank April0711
Sterling, Virginia
“Excellent Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've been to Hooked a couple of times and visited for lunch last week. They recently started to serve lunch (used to be dinner hours only). The service has gotten better since they brought in a new GM and kitchen manager. My favorite dish is the Inner Harbor roll which is topped with jumbo lump crab, it's to die for! The atmosphere is cool, and if you visit at lunch you get great service and miss the crowd. Good for a business lunch.

• Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Dissappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times and I just do no know what to expect. Last night was not a good experience: soup was not warm at all, main entree was equally cold. I have to mention that I was attending an event and perhaps there were other issues that I am not aware that contributed to my dissapointing experience. However with seafood, it is difficult to continue giving the establishment opportunities to do it right

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
Brisbane
“Seafood worth a bite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went there for my birthday and it was a great place. Loved the food, well prepared and fresh. Service could have been a bit better, they were very anxious to clean our glasses even though there was still wine in them. There is not much of an atmosphere but the interior is nice and relaxing.

Visited January 2013