“Smoker's hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stephens City
Belton, Texas
“Smoker's hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

You can't get away from the smoke. The halls are smoky - no attempt at ventilation. There's people smoking right next to the lobby entry. Nonsmoking rooms are adjacent to smoking rooms - it's a joke, there's no attempt to accommodate nonsmokers at all. If smoke bothers you, stay away.

Stayed April 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
DeWitt, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is an acceptable choice if you are looking for an economical place to stay and don't expect too much.

My wife and I did not find the bed all that comfortable, and that would be our primary issue. We had the foresight to request a room on the first floor, which was a good thing, as there is no elevator and my wife has difficulty climbing stairs.

The breakfast (included in room rate) was okay, certainly good enough for a quick bite before hitting the road, but nothing special.

The room was clean, and except for the bed, reasonably comfortable.

I found that the wifi connected without much fuss, but that every time I closed my iPad, the next time I opened it I had to log in all over again, which was a minor nuisance. The wifi seemed a bit slow at times.

I'd consider staying elsewhere if in the area again, but mostly hoping to find a more comfortable bed. The rest of the room was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room, unless you don't mind schlepping your luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mountville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were in the Stephens City/Front Royal, VA area for a Golf Tournament. We found The Comfort Inn right off of I-81 which was very clean, VERY reasonably priced and convenient to the golf course, shopping and many restaurants. Our room was very spacious, very clean, the beds were extremely comfortable (especially the pillows). The staff was very nice. The breakfast was surprisingly good. Parking was spacious and even though we were right off of I-81 we heard none of the traffic (and our room was on the front of the building). I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the end of the first floor next to the parking lot entrance.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel since both of the major chain hotels were booked solid in nearby Front Royal. So we ended up here. There is no elevator to the second floor so elderly guests should be aware. We were in a non-smoking room but unfortunately a smoking room was right across the hall. You could smell cigarette smoke coming into our room - but we managed to keep it at bay by running our air conditioner. The breakfast was basic, but trouble was that there was only seating for about 10-12 people, so we ate ours standing up! It is ok to stay here if you have to, but I would suggest trying to get into the new Holiday Inn in Front Royal....it is brand new.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

The breakfast was just passable. The WIFI was very weak.

The beds were not bad and the shower was good.

It was just OK. But they let us stay with our dog that made it acceptable.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while driving for an extended bus tour of Virginia. The location, adjacent of I-81, is very convenient. While dedicated spaces for trucks & buses are not offered, there was room to park when I arrived. Since I needed to go out during the evening, when most check-ins occur, the management allowed me to put out traffic cones to reserve my parking space so I would have a place to park when I returned later in the evening. Our rooms were very clean and fresh smelling. My one other complaint, especially if carrying a large, heavy bag is that this hotel does not offer an elevator. For an older property, I still feel that this hotel is a good place to stop

• Stayed July 2013
Charles Town, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we made reservations I was not anticipating much . Place is an old hotel , didn't care . In town for both Daughters Graduation from college and it was close to location . Very surprised . Very clean and comfy . Good hot breakfast , very nice staff . Felt right at home for the 4 days we stayed . Right off exit and back on . Passed this place for years and now feel dumb for doing so . Gas and food options close by , nice spot to unwind if your in the valley .

Room Tip: We had 118 , it was perfect . Can even open the window and have fresh air . AC and heat was great...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!