We're pretty inexperienced at travel east of the Mississippi, but on our quest to visit National Parks across the country we found ourselves in Virginia.
We picked this Holiday Inn Express property because of the proximity to the park and its pretty high rankings on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed.
The property is located just off an intersection with the highway less than 30 minutes to the north visitor center of the park. The hotel is relatively new, very clean, and had the quietest air conditioning system I've ever heard. I wish I would have checked to see who manufactured it - they deserve a commendation.
The hotel sits back from the highway quite a ways, so the room was quiet. It was also comfortable, with a great bed and the typical Holiday Inn shower head and curved shower curtain that make the shower so comfortable.
The route via GPS to the park includes a nice jaunt on a country road that is very scenic, making for a nice excursion.
I'd recommend this hotel for travelers in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South. Located off interstate 81 in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, the hotel is nestled next to the scenic town of Stephens City, VA. Check out our upgraded guest rooms offering new mattresses, bedding, interior design package, 32 inch flat screen tvs with HD content, upgraded wireless high speed internet, microwaves, and refrigerators. The Holiday Inn Express, Winchester, VA South satisfies the lodging needs for both the business and leisure travelers. Located minutes from Stowe Woodward, Thermo Fisher Scientific, DuPont, Carmeuse Lime and Stone, and Dominion Front Royal Power Plant, the Holiday Inn Express is the hotel for the traveling business professional in need of quick and easy access to Interstate 81 as well as US Route 11 and Route 522. Need to take a break? Settled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains near the entrance of Skyline Drive, start off your morning with our complimentary Express Start hot breakfast and visit Cedar Creek battlefield and enjoy the Civil War heritage of the Shenandoah Valley. Not into history? Take a dip in our outdoor swimming pool or take advantage of one of the five golf courses only minutes from the property. With over 100 attractions near the hotel the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South can become your vacation headquarters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Winchester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester South Hotel Stephens City
- Holiday Inn Stephens City
- Stephens City Holiday Inn