We travel often from Pennsylvania to South Carolina and only recently started stopping on the way down in the Winchester Virginia area to break up our trip. Most recently we stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and were very satisfied. The place was built in 1995 but if you did not know that you would think it was just constructed last year. Everything appears super new and clean and the staff was friendly.
The breakfast area of the lobby is a little small and if a large group that is staying there together all decide to come down together to eat (as happened to me), you will not find a seat. Other than that, it was convenient on/off I-81 but not close enough that you would hear the traffic. When checking about places for dinner in the area, the front desk gave me a few suggestions and the one I chose that was closest to the hotel was excellent.
Being winter, the pool area was closed but did look nice and will plan on utilizing it when we stay again during the summer months.
Base on my experience there, I would recommend anyone staying at his property looking for a convenient, clean, and restful place to spend an evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South. Located off interstate 81 in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, the hotel is nestled next to the scenic town of Stephens City, VA. Check out our upgraded guest rooms offering new mattresses, bedding, interior design package, 32 inch flat screen tvs with HD content, upgraded wireless high speed internet, microwaves, and refrigerators. The Holiday Inn Express, Winchester, VA South satisfies the lodging needs for both the business and leisure travelers. Located minutes from Stowe Woodward, Thermo Fisher Scientific, DuPont, Carmeuse Lime and Stone, and Dominion Front Royal Power Plant, the Holiday Inn Express is the hotel for the traveling business professional in need of quick and easy access to Interstate 81 as well as US Route 11 and Route 522. Need to take a break? Settled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains near the entrance of Skyline Drive, start off your morning with our complimentary Express Start hot breakfast and visit Cedar Creek battlefield and enjoy the Civil War heritage of the Shenandoah Valley. Not into history? Take a dip in our outdoor swimming pool or take advantage of one of the five golf courses only minutes from the property. With over 100 attractions near the hotel the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South can become your vacation headquarters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Winchester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester South Hotel Stephens City
- Holiday Inn Stephens City
- Stephens City Holiday Inn