“great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Stephens City
athol
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at this great hotel. We had the honeymoon suite. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling by. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the whirlpool was awesome.
We will stop again on our next trip to La.
Thank you.

Room Tip: whirlpool suite is worth the price!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winchester South, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Karen,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I have shared your comments with all of our staff and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to LA.
The team at the Holiday Inn Express Winchester-S, Stephens City, VA

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Swannanoa, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have stayed at this modest, clean, well run hotel 8-10 times over the past 5 years. The price is good and they accept discount coupons. The neighborhood is safe and there are restaurants nearby that you can walk to. The complementary breakfast is good and the staff is helpful. The hotel was renovated last year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear msontheroad3,
It is nice of you to write a review. Thank You! It looks like you stay with us several times a year and we appreciate that. Next time you are in please say hello so we can meet. Thanks for the review and we hope to see you soon!
The Team at the Holiday Inn Express Winchester-S, Stephens City, VA
Falling Waters, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 8 days while awaiting clearance to cross state lines with our newly adopted infant. The eight day period stretched from Christmas Day to Jan 2. With nothing really to do but care for the little one, we had plenty of time to get to know the hotel and it's staff. As a pilot, I have travelled the world over, logging as many as 270 nights away from home in a single year. Never before have I experienced such an outpouring of service from a large commercial hotel. The stay was truly fabulous.

The staff went out of their way to make sure our needs were met. Some of the highlights over the week:
- Assisted in accomplishing many business-related items (such as scanning, faxing, mailing documents).
- Accommodated typical requests, such as additional towels, hangers, tray for taking breakfast to the room, etc.
- Accommodated odd requests, such as use of the lobby for celebrating a New Years Day meal with immediate family. Another was the use of the lobby for a small craft. This provided a much needed sanity check after so long in a hotel.

This is not to say the stay was uneventful. I noticed the kindness extended to my family was also extended to other guests. A snowstorm severely hampered travel during our stay and while in the lobby killing time, I overheard the desk clerk assisting many stranded travelers. In a separate instance, our room's heater malfunctioned in the middle of the night and we were given another room immediately. Every challenge presented to the staff was met with a personal touch usually reserved for family.

Most hotels these days offer a free breakfast, free wi-fi, free paper, etc. These are great add-ons, but rare is the chance to enjoy true customer service. This hotel has figured it out, and the difference shines. I highly recommend this hotel and would gladly stay here again. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Willimantic, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I enjoyed everything about this hotel. The staff were friendly and courteous, checking in and out was a breeze, the rooms were clean with all of the amenities I required, and the breakfast had many options. The rooms and the decor look modern and well-kept although I think the building might be older and renovated.

The bathroom had a nice big shower head with great water pressure. The tv had the big movie channels, such as HBO. My only concern was that the pillows were a bit lumpy but this did not affect how I slept. The pillowcases had nice labels embroidered on the edge to indicate which were "soft" or "firm", but they all had the same consistency. At least they weren't down pillows; I really don't enjoy down pillows. I am sure that if I had asked the staff, I could have gotten replacement pillows, but it didn't bother me enough to say anything. Otherwise the rooms were spacious and comfortable.

This hotel was easy to get to from I-81 and there was plenty of parking. I felt safe in the area going to and from my car at night. Once in my room on the second floor, I could hear some of the traffic on I-81, but it didn't disturb me even though I am a light sleeper.

I only stayed one night as a stop over while driving a long distance. This hotel was just what I needed. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Excellent staff. House keeping did a great job. The gentleman Chris at the front desk was very helpful and professional !! I would recommend this stay to anyone. I do plan on returning. It doesn't get much better then that !! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Shelby Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is very customer friendly especially to business groups that need a place to hang out. The hotel let the large group of employees of IAC use the lobby, couches and tables and tv to all relax with each other and have dinner as a group. This could not have been done in the hotel rooms due to the amount of people. The staff is extremely friendly and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. This is a excellent establishment to stay if you are passing through or working in the area.

Thanks again,

John - IAC

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Thank you for everything . Chris check me in and did an awsome job.. very nice. Carol was very sweet also very helpful. We had a great stay and will tell our friends and we will come back in the future. Thank you for everything

Room Tip: chocolate in the room :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winchester South? Share your experiences!