I highly recommend this hotel. My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 8 days while awaiting clearance to cross state lines with our newly adopted infant. The eight day period stretched from Christmas Day to Jan 2. With nothing really to do but care for the little one, we had plenty of time to get to know the hotel and it's staff. As a pilot, I have travelled the world over, logging as many as 270 nights away from home in a single year. Never before have I experienced such an outpouring of service from a large commercial hotel. The stay was truly fabulous.
The staff went out of their way to make sure our needs were met. Some of the highlights over the week:
- Assisted in accomplishing many business-related items (such as scanning, faxing, mailing documents).
- Accommodated typical requests, such as additional towels, hangers, tray for taking breakfast to the room, etc.
- Accommodated odd requests, such as use of the lobby for celebrating a New Years Day meal with immediate family. Another was the use of the lobby for a small craft. This provided a much needed sanity check after so long in a hotel.
This is not to say the stay was uneventful. I noticed the kindness extended to my family was also extended to other guests. A snowstorm severely hampered travel during our stay and while in the lobby killing time, I overheard the desk clerk assisting many stranded travelers. In a separate instance, our room's heater malfunctioned in the middle of the night and we were given another room immediately. Every challenge presented to the staff was met with a personal touch usually reserved for family.
Most hotels these days offer a free breakfast, free wi-fi, free paper, etc. These are great add-ons, but rare is the chance to enjoy true customer service. This hotel has figured it out, and the difference shines. I highly recommend this hotel and would gladly stay here again. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South. Located off interstate 81 in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, the hotel is nestled next to the scenic town of Stephens City, VA. Check out our upgraded guest rooms offering new mattresses, bedding, interior design package, 32 inch flat screen tvs with HD content, upgraded wireless high speed internet, microwaves, and refrigerators. The Holiday Inn Express, Winchester, VA South satisfies the lodging needs for both the business and leisure travelers. Located minutes from Stowe Woodward, Thermo Fisher Scientific, DuPont, Carmeuse Lime and Stone, and Dominion Front Royal Power Plant, the Holiday Inn Express is the hotel for the traveling business professional in need of quick and easy access to Interstate 81 as well as US Route 11 and Route 522. Need to take a break? Settled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains near the entrance of Skyline Drive, start off your morning with our complimentary Express Start hot breakfast and visit Cedar Creek battlefield and enjoy the Civil War heritage of the Shenandoah Valley. Not into history? Take a dip in our outdoor swimming pool or take advantage of one of the five golf courses only minutes from the property. With over 100 attractions near the hotel the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South can become your vacation headquarters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, IHG, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Winchester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester South Hotel Stephens City
- Holiday Inn Stephens City
- Stephens City Holiday Inn