“Convenient to I-81” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stephens City
Supply, North Carolina
“Convenient to I-81”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way back home. This was a quiet stay. Close to I-81 but the hotel is situated perpendicular to the highway so road noise is low. The room was clean and the staff pleasant. Complimentary breakfast was adequate but I missed fresh fruit. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here for a week. The hotel itself is clean and well maintained. The staff is exceptional .... very friendly and make every effort to ensure a pleasant stay. We will be staying again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

While I didn't find this HIE to be as excellent as others here, it is certainly very good, and I would recommend it with no complaints...the property appears well maintained, and the beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was clean with extra thick towels(nice touch!), and the breakfast was very good and well supervised....(hmm, maybe it was almost excellent, so let's upgrade to very good plus!)...if you're not just passing thru, there are some interesting spots nearby to see...stroll along main street of stephens city for the look of a lost era...checkout the family drive in theater for a rare nostalgic relic...and take a look at dinosaur land for hoot worthy fun!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Socastee, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I am always concerned when making a hotel reservation without having knowledge of the hotel first. I researched what I could on the internet and read good things about this hotel. When we arrived all the things I read became true. Starting at the front desk all the way trough the stay, it was all good! The best surprise to me was the "hot" breakfast they have every morning. Not just muffins and beagles but eggs, sausage, biscuit & gravy and the best warm ciniminion rolls! I highly recommend this hotel for your stay. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

That's right. There really are times when all we want is good, clean, solid value with no surprises. That's what I expect from HIX. That's what the Stephens City property delivered.
The hotel is super convenient to I-81. The room was large; towels were abundant; bed was very good. Complimentary breakfast was standard HIX fare: cold cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, cheese omelets, bagels, juice, coffee. It's not the greatest, but it is a welcome amenity that adds to the overall value.
We left immediately after breakfast, so cannot comment on things such as exercise room or swimming pool.
We were very satisfied with this property and will not hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have stayed at this Inn for about 10 weeks only M-F. And my stay was very pleasant and entertaining. The customer service was outstanding, I never had a problem or issue checking in. Checking in was always quick and easy I always received the same room I requested. Thank you Rachel and to the team that made my stay welcomed. And if you get hungary the place to eat is "Roma Casual Italian & Greek Dining" its a 2 minute walk from the Inn. The food is great I ate there most of the time I stayed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have stayed many times at this hotel, for business and pleasure. I have found this hotel to be my Home away from home, where I can relax and rest from a hard day. The employees here do a fabulous job of making guests feel comfortable, with friendly service and helpful suggestions on food and entertainment in the area. The housekeeping always does a great job of keeping my room clean and neat. The front desk personnel, especially Rachel, always have a smile and are so helpful to guests. Rachel is a dedicated employee who does every task right and always make my check-in and checkouts very expedient and easy. I really enjoy this hotel. The breakfast is delicious and always ready in time for people who have to get to work early. Thanks again Holiday Inn Staff!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winchester South? Share your experiences!