“Good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stephens City
“Good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Nice place to stay. Unfortunately only electrical item in our room that worked was one lamp:( We complained but no more non smoking rooms were available. My hubby spoke to the manager in the morning and our room was comped- as it should have been. They were renovating so probably wouldn't usually have any problems. Additionally, breakfast was provided and it was good and plentiful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I am currently having work done to my house and needed a hotel room for a few days. Check in was quick and ladies at the front desk were wonderful. The HIExpress offered the best prices so i was a little worried about how the room would be. I was very happy when i opened the door and saw the newly renovated room. This hotel also has a breakfast bar that has something for everyone. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

We were returning from vacation in Vermont and driving all secondary roads to return home to Virginia Beach. We were planning day by day on the return trip. Several hotels were full but we were referred to this hotel. Since Holiday Inn Express has a good reputation and we just stayed in one in NY the night before, we felt comfortable calling for a room. The desk clerk was helpful on the phone with my wife and gave us a room with a retired military discount. We specified non-smoking, king, and gave them our phone #. When we arrived, there were two clerks; they said they tried to call us and let us know they were overbooked, but we could have their last 'smoking' room at the same price. We went with the clerk to look at it. It was clean and acceptable, but we were not offered more discount or air freshener. We used our own freshener and spent the night comfortably, thinking this was just an turn of events. The next morning, we met a lady in the hall that told us the same story about overbooked and getting the last smoking room instead of non-smoking. What a coincidence that there are two 'last' rooms. I wonder how many other people are suckered into filling the smoking rooms to insure a full hotel??? Again, I must say our stay was clean and comfortable, but we were lied to by the staff. Do they think customers are stupid and won't talk to each other?? A diner is next door that is a buffet and has more food than should be legal; and it was good food. We would stay again but we will insure that we tell the clerk that 'bs' will get a complaint lodged with the corporation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Linden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

Our choice of room was over-booked, so we had to downgrade from a honeymoon suite to an executive one & the "extra touches" were lost instead of simply being provided in the lower cost room.
The rooms are clean and comfortable & the staff is very helpful. A/C gets VERY cold VERY quickly.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Middletown,va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

While the hotel and rooms were very nice, I found the staff here to be undeniably rude and unhelpful. Hotel staff has a job of making your stay comfortable and welcome, and I felt anything but comfortable and welcome. They all had snotty attitudes and were not helpful with questions about the area or even the hotel features. I do NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
silver spring,md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

We stayed here so we could go to the flea market on Sunday. Staff was very nice. Room also nice. But breakfast a little skimpy. If they can't have make your own waffles, why can't they have frozen ones? Or frozen french toast. Also there weren't any bananas for the cereal.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Ephrata, Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

I've been staying at a lot of holiday due to the business I'm in. I usually stay in one area about two or three years while I conduct my business. Most of the time I move around the area looking for better accommodations and more reasonable rates not to mention polite staff. But let me tell you, I'll been at the Holiday Inn Express in Stephens City for Three years now and I have no intentions of looking around! The Staff in polite the rooms are always very clean and the management is excellent in accommodating my needs in every way.

I highly recommend the Holiday Inn in Stephens City Virginia for your occasions. Take in from me a person who is on the road three hundred days a year you can miss with the Holiday Inn here in Stephens City Virginia.

Joseph Sardina a very satisfied customer.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winchester South? Share your experiences!