We truly enjoyed our recent stay at this unique B&B. The old mill has been preserved beautifully and sits beside a river on a quiet roadway. We were greeted by the friendly proprietor and shown to our room in the old mill store. If you like soaking in a hot tub beside the fireplace, glass of wine in hand, while watching TV or dining on delicious scallops in an historic old mill, this is the place for you! We really enjoyed chatting with Kevin, the owner, cook, etc. etc. while we dined. He is very friendly and does his best to make his guests feel welcome and comfortable. The breakfast he prepared for us was delicious and we were in no hurry to leave as we chatted with Kevin once again. The mill is old, and you will certainly hear the creaking of boards from the upstairs rooms, but that is part of the atmosphere.
My only regret was that we were only staying for one night. There is lots of history to see in the area. A visit to Lexington is a "must". We enjoyed a short stroll along the mill stream and a visit to nearby McCormick Farm. This would make a perfect weekend destination for anyone wanting a quiet weekend in the country. Bring your bicycles or jogging clothes and get out and enjoy the surrounding countryside.
- Also Known As:
- Osceola Mill Restaurant, b&b And Cabins Hotel Steeles Tavern
- Osceola Mill Restaurant, Bed And Breakfast And Cabins
- Osceola Mill Restaurant, b&b And Cabins Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 1800s Cyrus McCormick water-powered mill converted to a fine dining restaurant and B&B. Continental cuisine including steak, South African lobster, veal & fresh seafood. 15 min to Staunton or Lexington, VA. Receives excellent reviews. Historic mill structure remains including massive chestnut beams. Outdoor activities abound with some of VA's nicest scenery. ... more less