“Very Satisfying” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Taylorsville, North Carolina
“Very Satisfying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Stayed overnight on a trip to PA from NC. Personel were very friendly and price of room was reasonable. The setting of the inn is beautiful and the rooms were clean considering the inn accepts pets. Only drawback is the railroad tracks run very close to the inn and the trains fun at night making it hard to get a full nights sleep but will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Some hotels provide clean rooms, some great prices, some friendly staff....My husband and I ended our 7 day trip to Maine stopping in Staunton, Va. This was by far the best hotel we stayed at. We had a huge breakfast included and it was really and extra treat to be next door to the Famous Mrs. Rowe's Family Restuarant. I want to say a special Thanks to Lanika for being so curteous, showing us the room and telling us about the train behind the hotel. I never heard it during my sleep. She was truly a pleasure for our check in.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Needed an overnight stop on a long road trip up I-81. This hotel is a stone's throw from the exit (less then a block from the ramp), and we got a terrific price using the roomsaver website. ...and, we were traveling with our dog. That being said, we just weren't expecting much.

I tried to limit my liability by checking out the lobby and the hotel room before checking in. The place was amazingly clean, and well maintained! The staff was very accommodating, too. The front desk attendant honored the promotional price even though I wasn't able to print it out since we were on the road, saving us $30 off the AAA rate!

She advised the rooms with 2DBLs did back to the railroad tracks behind the property and there would be trains passing 2-3 times during the night for about a minute per pass. There are no scheduled times. I was concerned, but it was a complete non-issue. I don't remember it waking me, and even though it was right off the highway, I did not hear any road noise.

The room decor was a bit dated (80's motif on bedspreads/wallpaper), but everything was spotless and well cared for. The sheets seemed new and high quality thread count. The beds were somewhat soft but supportive and not lumpy in the least. The bathroom was clean, clean, clean! Grout lines scrubbed, tub was pristine, and counters and fixtures were new/well kept.

The complimentary breakfast offering was pretty extensive. They had sweet rolls, mini muffins, bagels, toast, frozen waffles/french toast, pre-made omelets, sausage/biscuit sandwiches, yogurt, fresh fruit (oranges/grapefruit/bananas), canned fruit, cereal selections, oatmeal, apple/orange juices, coffee, hot teas, chocolate milk...and I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting. One very pleasant, energetic, attentive woman kept the entire area running like a well-oiled machine. I was thoroughly impressed. If you couldn't find something to eat in this spread, I'd be surprised.

The staff was kind and easy going. There was no hassle having our golden retriever with us, and *no* extra charge. Let me repeat that, NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE! This is so uncommon, it's worth calling out. We phoned several hotels that charged up to $50 additional (per night) for a pet. I was disappointed that there were some piles of pet poop left in the grassy areas around the back of the hotel. When great businesses "throw us a bone" like no pet fees, please return the favor by being a responsible pet owner and scooping the poop :-/

Facility had free wireless internet and an indoor pool as well, but we didn't have time for either. I did see families enjoying an evening swim though. It was a great way to work off some energy for the little ones cooped up in the car all day.

We had a wonderful experience, and would definitely stay here again, and recommend to friends. They have restored my faith in the Best Western chain. BW may not have invested cash in re-branding themselves (like the updated logo and coloring of Holiday Inn Express, etc), but they certainly made an investment in how to run a hotel the right way--great, honest hospitality and commitment to cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
pony01, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Thank you very much for the nice comments about our hotel and your stay. We try very hard to give our guests the most comfortable and pleasant stay. I did take your suggestion about the dog problem in the back of our hotel and will purchase the pet station to resolve this problem.
Again thank you and I hope we can satifsy your lodging needs in the future.

Joan M. Rush CHA
Edgewater, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Friendly, clean, nice pool, and a nice breakfast.
mac_Cramer@msn.com

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Naugatuck, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.
The free breakfast was an added bonus.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel several times. It is a very friendly and clean facility. The indoor pool was very clean and warm. The price was right. There are several good restaurants next door. Our favorite is the Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Butte, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

Stayed there for a week and had some rather eyebrow raising moments...The refrigerator broke three times and kept insisting to fix it instead of replacing it...the shower felt like I was in a hurricane with the pressure but oddly enough I liked that...and after the first week...we get a note in the room saying that their hot water tank has busted and to come to the desk for your options. Well one of those options was to move across the street to their sister motel Sleep Inn, and things went better after that.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn? Share your experiences!