From the outside and the lobby, this place looks pretty well kept. Unfortunately, our room stunk, had a broken heater/air conditioner, and worst of all, was infested with dangerous mold. It is hard to describe the odor that pervaded the room, but it smelled somewhat like a combination of heavy cigarette smoke and cheap, musky cologne. Note that this was a non-smoking room. Turning the fan on seemed to help somewhat. Unfortunately, the fan was the only thing that worked on the heater/air conditioning unit Luckily, the temperature outside was very moderate so this wasn't a major issue. However, the black and green mold that we found mold near the front door, above the bathroom door, and in numerous places in the bathroom WAS a major issue as it exposed us to dangerous mold-related heath issues. I informed the front desk of the mold we discovered the following morning at checkout and showed them the pictures that I took. The woman at the desk apologized and asked me what I would like them to do. I asked her to comp the room and she did, albeit reluctantly. Unfortunately, when it comes to mold, especially the very dangerous, toxic black mold, a free night isn't enough to bump this hotel up past 1 star.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
I am very sorry for the problem you had with your room - we did have a very unexpected situation with extreme moisture. The problems occuring from the moisture appeared without warning as we would not knowingly rent a room with any discrepancies. We immediately addressed the problem and have it resolved again I am very sorry and wish you would e-mail me so I may address this with you personally. email@example.com
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.