From the outside and the lobby, this place looks pretty well kept. Unfortunately, our room stunk, had a broken heater/air conditioner, and worst of all, was infested with dangerous mold. It is hard to describe the odor that pervaded the room, but it smelled somewhat like a combination of heavy cigarette smoke and cheap, musky cologne. Note that this was a non-smoking room. Turning the fan on seemed to help somewhat. Unfortunately, the fan was the only thing that worked on the heater/air conditioning unit Luckily, the temperature outside was very moderate so this wasn't a major issue. However, the black and green mold that we found mold near the front door, above the bathroom door, and in numerous places in the bathroom WAS a major issue as it exposed us to dangerous mold-related heath issues. I informed the front desk of the mold we discovered the following morning at checkout and showed them the pictures that I took. The woman at the desk apologized and asked me what I would like them to do. I asked her to comp the room and she did, albeit reluctantly. Unfortunately, when it comes to mold, especially the very dangerous, toxic black mold, a free night isn't enough to bump this hotel up past 1 star.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Staunton Hotel Staunton
- Best Western Staunton Hotel
- Best Western Staunton
- Staunton Best Western
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Best Western and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.