“Never again” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Penn Yan, New York
“Never again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

After driving all day, was looking forward to the pool. Ladder was horrible. Very narrow, tipped and almost could not get out of pool. Had Texas Steakhouse next door recommended for dinner, awful. Not many restaurants near by. Had to eat in the hall for breakfast! Very uncomfortable feeling with people checking out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joan R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am very sorry you were not satisfied with you stay at the Best Western in Staunton, I must mention that the ladder in the pool is standard and has been in the pool for years,
We are working on moving the breakfast bar from our lobby.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
baisden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

we had been riding in the shenandoah valley for a couple of days been to luray caverns which is a beautiful place also rode over to culpepper va came down rt 15 to zions crossroads and took interstate 64 back to staunton. we were all tired and decided to check in to the best western there, very satisfied with the service there the people were friendly there , the rooms were comfortable and the breakfast was just enough for us. great place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. We do try to offer our guest the best service possible. I hope we can satisfy your lodging needs in the future, We love harley riders

G.M.
Naples, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were just passing by and the AAA office recomended this hotel for the value and cleanliness. We were not disapointed. It is an older hotel, but very clean and quiet. The value was excellent which included a continental breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Joan R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay in Staunton, VA. We do strive to offer our guest a clean and comfortable stay. I hope we can satisfy our lodging needs in the future

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Traveled from Pennsylvania through Staunton on our way to and from the Outer Banks and needed an overnight stay that accepted our yellow lab. Looked online at the reviews and decided to try this Best Western. The staff were all friendly, the room was very clean and large, and we were very pleased. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind remarks. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive to offer the best customer service possible. I'm glad we are a good stopping place on your way to NC. I hope we can satisfy you lodging needs in the future
Sincerley

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

No complaints about my stay here. Everything was in order, the room was clean, breakfast good, and first time I'd seen the "clean TV remote." The hotel is very convenient to I-81. While you are in town, check out the Shakespeare Theater.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Joan R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff strives to offer the best customer service possible. I hope you will stay with us again.

GEn. Mgr.
Poughkeepsie, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The room was OK, but there was 1-that's right-1 bar of soap for the entire room. They also charged $1.50 to use the in-room safe. The front desk clerk was very unfriendly, not wishing to engage in any helpful conversation about the town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am very sorry our desk clerk was not helpful in answering your travel questions. Our staff strives to accommodate all guests and help in any way to make your stay in Staunton a memorable one. I must add the safe charge is posted to you account in case you would need it but the charges are removed at check out if you do not use the safe.
I hope you will give us another chance to satisfy your lodging needs should you again come to the Staunton area.

Kitcat22
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I registered for my room about 10:30 AM, but didn't actually go to the room until 11:30 PM. Didn't thing there was a need to with a fairly well-recommended hotel. I got to the room, and look at the photos! Mold on the ceiling, walls, chairs, even the luggage rack. I tried to call the front desk, but the room phone was dead. I called by cell phone and was told that the hotel was full but I could check out and go half a mile up the road to their "sister hotel" for the night. A fairly inadequate gesture considering it's midnight.
Additionally, there were three wake-you-up trains overnight. So loud that the air conditioner didn't drown out their noise. Yes, I was warned that I was on the "train side", but when I asked how often and how bad, I just got a senseless shrug from the desk agent. I had to initial that I was informed of the train, but I'd call it "uninformed consent" due to the shrug!
I'm amazed that this hotel has so many good ratings!

Room Tip: Pick a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DomSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We are very sorry about the mold issue you found in your room. We have found a leak on the roof and because of the excessive rain in the area was the reason we had mold in the room. The roof is currently being repaired.

Our hotel does sit next to a train track that runs unscheduled trains. We try to make sure everyone is aware of this when they check-in.

We appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and we are terribly sorry for the issues you encountered.

Been to BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn? Share your experiences!