“A great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24 South Market Street, Staunton, VA 24401   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book two nights and save!
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Staunton
Amanda, Ohio
“A great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I along with our two adult kids stayed here for 3 days. We were in town for a family reunion. We were in and out running and walking all over town. The staff were very friendly and gracious. The accommodations were clean and inviting. The amenities we used were nice(the pool and exercise room). We had stayed here again for the third time over several years.The only disappointment we had was the stinky trash smell in the parking garage.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Damon S, General Manager at Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for joining us again most recently for a family reunion. I am delighted to hear that you had time to enjoy the pool and fitness center while also spending time in the lovely downtown area of Staunton. I apologize for the odor from the parking garage and assure you that this has been taken care of. Please join us again for your next family gathering!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary here. We were greeted with a bottle of champagne that was delivered to our room. The room was airy, clean, and comfortable, with a view of the mountains. We purchased the package, which included parking, fantastic breakfast buffets, and a play at the adjacent Blackfriar Playhouse. The hotel is downtown, so everything was in walking distance. The history, culture, shopping, and campus of Mary Baldwin campus make for the perfect weekend experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am honored that you chose to join us for such a special occasion. I always enjoy hearing of guest celebrations and look forward to making each a memorable experience. I agree that the area is stunningly beautiful with picturesque mountain views and wonderful places to visit all within walking distance of the hotel. I hope we will have the opportunity to host you again for a relaxing weekend or special celebration in the future.
Berryville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here for 4 days for an event in Staunton. The hotel is spotless, very clean. I ordered room service one day and it was delicious (French toast). The staff is very friendly & superb cleaning staff. In walking distance of many places in downtown Staunton. Only cons were the $6 parking & the beds were a bit hard. Highly recommend!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for joining us at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center. I am glad that you found the rooms to be clean and the staff to be hospitable during your stay. I also agree that the french toast is a must have when ordering room service breakfast here! We all look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed two nights during our stay in Staunton. The hotel and staff were wonderful and the location lends itself to exploring downtown Staunton. In fact is is right next to the Blackfriar's Theater. The hotel offers a number of weekend and other specials…so check their web site before booking (for instance, our special included in/out parking and breakfast). Would definitely stay here again when visiting Staunton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Staunton on a recent trip. The area is delightful and allows for great opportunities for exploration all within walking distance. Please visit again the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I spent the night after seeing "A Comedy of Errors" at the Blackfriars next door to the hotel. It was a wonderful experience. The room was spotless, the service was excellant, and the food was very good. I plan to go back with my family so they can share in the experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Taking in a show at the Blackfriars is a wonderful way to spend an evening in Staunton, VA and even better when you get to spend the night at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center! Thank you for joining us and I look forward to welcoming you back when you bring the rest of the family.
York, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Spontaneously stayed there while traveling south on I-81; were fatigued and needed a place to stay. Were we in for a pleasant surprise! This hotel is on the national historic register!
The entrance to the hotel is complicated to find, so don't give up. We unloaded the suitcases and my husband had to park in a nearby garage ( at no cost).
The lobby is historic and extremely interesting and beautifully decorated. Check out their website to see the gorgeous lobby. Old historic china is displayed in the glass wall displays. Hotel staff were extremely helpful.
Elevators available, very short wait.
Hallways were old and historic.
Rooms were a bit small, but quaint and clean. Coffee maker in the room and well stocked with tea bags, sweetener, etc.
Because of the size of the room, I wouldn't stay there for a week - just not enough room to spread out. For our overnight stay ( and then back to the interstate), it was just fine.
In the morning before leaving, we had a huge and delicious breakfast in the hotel dining room. Great ambiance and good food.

Would definitely stay there again - pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Damon S, General Manager at Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Spontaneous trips often times turn out to be the best or the ones with the most memories so I am glad you found us during your travels on Interstate 81. The hotel, which originally opened in 1924, went thru a complete renovation in 2005 that added additional function space and guest amenities such as the indoor pool and fitness center. The Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center still maintains its original charm and mystique while also providing guests modern convenience such as complimentary wifi. Thank you again for finding us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I wish I had known about the Stonewall Jackson Hotel in 2001 when I stayed in Staunton during the filming of Gods and Generals but I am sure happy I found it when I went back this May. I was there to help out at an art exhibit and the staff could not have been more helpful in assisting us in getting the show set up and in immediately taking care of whatever we needed. The rooms were delightful, clean, and large. I am not waiting another 13 years to go back and have already booked a long weekend in October. I am counting the days to be able to return and look forward to another perfect stay - and this one will not be a working weekend!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Damon S, General Manager at Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
I am thrilled that we were able to assist during a previous visit to the Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center and truly appreciate the kind words regarding the hotel. We are delighted to be a part of the Staunton community and always enjoy the feedback from our guests. I am glad you will be returning in the fall for a relaxing trip and look forward to welcoming you back!