“Super food, great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 108 Restaurants in Staunton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Super food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Excellent selection of typically American food, efficient, polite and friendly staff, comfortable setting. We loved the fish dishes, the fried tomatoes and the super-tasty fries. Very good selection of beers and wines. The bar will serve you drinks after your meal. For British travellers who are puzzled by the absence of pubs/bars, this is a boon.

Visited August 2014

Newton, New Jersey
“Second time....rediscovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

While heading back home from the South to the North,we asked the Hampton In to suggest a place for dinner. This was their suggestion and upon driving up to the Grille,we remembered we had been there,years prior to this trip.
The appys were excellent, leaving us so full we had to leave a bit of our entrees, but certainly, we were happy with the whole experience. The appys, eggplant roll acting with Goat cheese and Baked goat cheese with peppers,tomatoes,basil with toast points we A+ I our opinions and the entrees of Salmon and a chicken dish with artichokes,olives and more....perfect.....So happy we returned after many years and hopefully can return again sometime....soon....

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great birthday dinner - lots of GF options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My sister took me out here for a birthday dinner. It was amazing. They have a nice range of menu options from seafood to bbq. I have to eat gluten free and was quite impressed with the number of options on their gluten free menu - four pages! We had the crab dip and ribs with shrimp. It was so good. Their gluten free beer on the menu was the best I've had too. Service was good despite how packed the restaurant was as it was a Saturday night. The decor was a bit odd to me, but not really a negative. I will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Sad it's not near me!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stopped at this restaurant per the recommendation of our hotel and trip advisor. We are from Ohio and were traveling through from the outer banks. This restaurant is amazing! The hot bread was served with a delicious peach butter which was different but delightful! My husband and I both had the scallops special. These scallops were the largest I've ever seen! They were served over white cheddar grits with Tasso ham which were beyond delicious. My son got the ribs and downed a half rack in no time and he's 9 years old. Our server was so friendly and answered any questions we had and made great suggestions to us. The manager even stopped to check that we enjoyed our meal. Highly highly recommend! If we are ever going in that direction again we will definitely be stopping!

Palmyra, Virginia
“Disappointed on latest trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had been there before and the food was good, but this time we both ordered a different pasta dish and both were very bland and not tasty at all.. We would not order this again. Maybe if we go again, we will try the ribs.

• Visited July 2014