“Nice mex experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
virginia
“Nice mex experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We're from Texas and have had a heckuva time finding Mexican food that we like here, thank goodness Mi Rancho has scratched that itch! We like their wonderful tacos, great relents, quest fun dido and all of the sauces served on and with them. Yay! Mexican food in small town Virginia!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Staunton, VA
“Unassuming place but the cooks know what they're doing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Some friends clued me into the location in Waynesboro, so we were excited to try the new Staunton location. This building has been through several unsuccessful restaurants but may have found something more permanent. This a classic little joint with the same Mexican menu you have probably seen in other places. The staff is small but very friendly and helpful.

You get the standard blender-style salsa and tortilla chips in a basket when you are seated, which is always good. The "numbers and letters" part of the menu is as expected, but I was really impressed when I ordered the Arroz con Camarones. The shrimp were cooked perfectly - tender with great grill flavor. I tried it a second time and it was also good. When a friend tried it a third time, I knew the cooks must be good. Consistent dishes, always hot, cooked correctly. Nice.

I encourage anyone in town or travelling to try this place. Support this as a local restaurant as the west end of town needs these places! If you are downtown, it's only 5 minutes west on Beverley Street. Yes, I know Beverley is one-way going east downtown, but a few blocks west of town it goes both directions!

They do have daily specials so don't be afraid to try them!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia USA
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was greeted as soon as I walked in. Sat at a nice table and chips and my drink was there quickly. The servers were very friendly, and the service was very fast.The food was fast and authentic Mexican. Everything was excellent. I took my wife the next day and she also realy enjoied it!

• Visited February 2013