“We loved our one hour ride” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 27 things to do in Staunton
los angeles
“We loved our one hour ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just three miles off Interstate 64 is Faye Bartley’s 150 acre property, with stables and horseback rides. As we were far from experienced riders, Faye was patient in her instructions, and her horses were gentle, too (I bet they could handle more up-tempo riders as well). The ride had wonderful variety in scenery: some uphill, some downhill, through open meadows and partly through forest, with two stream crossings. Add this to a day hike on the AT and a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway—a great way to see beautiful country!

Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
“Yippy Kai Yay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My little girl (who is horse crazy) and I spent an hour or more here with the owner, Faye Bartlett (who is lovely and kind) riding on the trails around her large piece of property. The horses were well trained, responded to the reins and were calm. Faye will let children six and older ride, to my understanding. We had a great time; my daughter was in heaven: "Daddy, this is my first real trail ride!" She handled herself well, and received compliments from the "trail boss" herself. If you like riding on a beautiful day, call and make an appointment to ride. The view from the top of the hill near the stable is worth it.

Visited August 2013
“Great Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very pleasant easy horseback ride. Good for all ages. Ride across meadows, streams & thru woods. Good value. People were very friendly .

Visited June 2013
22 attraction reviews
“Amazing horseback riding experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great find for horseback riding! I sent an email and was promptly able to arrange an hour trail ride. The ride was great and the service by the proprietor was excellent. There were lots of different views, a few hills and even a brook crossing. The cost was very reasonable and the best part was that we were the only ones on the tour. I would definitely recommend Star B Stables!

Visited June 2013