“Staunton KOA has Special Place in My Heart” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staunton / Walnut Hills KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Staunton
Staunton / Walnut Hills KOA
You added Staunton / Walnut Hills KOA to your Saves list
484 Walnut Hills Road, Staunton, VA 24401-6936 (Formerly Walnut Hills Campground and RV Resort)   |
Snydersville
“Staunton KOA has Special Place in My Heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the first KOA my family ever experienced. In my diesel 1982 Chevette with Thule turtle top for camping gear this Homeschool family took to the road and landed here.

Our cabin situated on the hill overlooked the lake. The bathhouse is a bit of a hike ..... but I fell in love with KOA. It is now my preferred home away from home. I feel safe and its usually quiet and pretty wherever we go.

Most recently I was forced off road by bad weather and decided to rent cottage with bath and kitchen. Very sweet. Clean ..... all amentities of home ....... even had fieplace / heater most welcome on that very blustery day. The power went out but hey we're campers.
The owners attended to all guests making sure everyone was ok.

Hosts were kind, efficient and gracious. Of course I will g back.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
North Easton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We only stayed one night on our way home from TN and we had our own travel trailer. Yes some of the roads are tight but passable. The sites are level and the one we had was pull through with a patio and fire pit. Restrooms are old but well taken care of and clean. And the view from the top site are unbelievable. It is a little bit of 81 but not to bad. And we had no problem with the staff, they were friendly and accomadating. It was one of the nicer KOAs we have been to. And if we travel that way again I will have no problem staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Franklinville, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Office staff was great, well informed about the area. While my site was okay, many of the sites were too close to the roads. Lake had massive algae bloom and needed airiation. Lots of friendly waterfowl.

Room Tip: Stay up in the top tiers
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We wanted to stay in the camp ground tent area but a bad rain storm was coming through. we asked if they had a cabin and they told us they had a deluxe cabin. This was a great cabin, shower, linen already there and on bed. It was like staying in a hotel room. It was great. These deluxe cabins are nice. there was also a TV, Small kitchen with all the utensils. We went to the store and made pasta. Staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Quiet place
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This campground is very pretty we stayed in the RV pull through area and the view was fabulous. The staff was helpful, one note make sure you dump your trash right away in the morning, I got yelled at for dumping my trash later in the morning next to the office. Hook ups were nice, not a lot of water pressure though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My fiancé and I wanted a weekend get away. I paid for two nights and this morning we are leaving! We were about to leave as soon as we got here but our friend showed up! Anyways I asked them to relocate us they wouldn't! This isn't like a usual koa it's horrible! The fishing sucks! And this place is extremely per priced at this point I would have rather slept in my car last night rather then sleep in this stink bug and roach infested cabin they have us in! The fridge had mold and hair on it and the windows don't close at all! The door kept opening all night! And the mattress is hard as rock! I will never come to another koa if it's anything like this! Ill be so glad to leave this place! It's horrible! I haven't ever written a review on any place at all, but this place is seriously the worst!

• Stayed April 2013
Alabaster, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this KOA on our way to New England on vacation. We stayed in one of the Kamping Kabins, which is pretty much the most basic accommodation you can stay in, but was very adequate for our needs after a long day of driving. I have stayed in many KOAs in the past while on vacation in an RV, and this one would be very good for spending the night in an RV, as it is very quiet, wooded, and has full hookups with pull-through sites available. Although the campground is a little bit off I-85, I would definitely recommend this campground to folks towing a travel trailer or looking for a quick one night stay in a Kamping Kabin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Staunton / Walnut Hills KOA? Share your experiences!