“Don't Go There!” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Staunton
Ingleside Resort Conference Center
Save Saved
You added Ingleside Resort Conference Center to your Saves list
1410 Commerce Road, Staunton, VA 24401   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't Go There!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2002

I stayed at the Ingleside Resort from Sunday 7/21/02 to Wednesday 7/24/02. The following is what I found upon arrival.

The rooms were in various states of disrepair.
We had two rooms. In one room, the exhaust fan did not work, the door lock was worn out (sometimes you get in and sometimes not), the walls were peeling, the balcony door warped and hard to open.

In the second adjoining room, the air conditioning was inadequate, the refrigerator broken, and the vent cover for the exhaust fell off on day one.

The veranda style balcony overlooked the golf course and the mountains. It was a shame that the furniture consisted of a mix of old iron chairs and the $5 resin variety with no tables. Not very comfortable, although, the view was nice.

The TV had six stations and the reception was poor.

The guys were there for the golf and we girls were there to enjoy the pool and get some sun. While the golf course was nice and decently maintained, the pool(s) were not. The outdoor pool was closed on Monday morning for cleaning (it certainly needed it). The pool deck was cracked, weeds growing everywhere, the other outdoor pool was 3/4 filled with dirt and littered with trash; however, the kiddie pool was open. The indoor pool was also closed on Monday but was open Tuesday. The building housing the pool had been rented out to some company. Security guards were there and you needed a note from the front desk to go in. Since the chlorine odor was pungent and the outside deck was in full shade with no chairs, I abstained.

The sandwich shop and bar was off limits to guests as it was also rented out. The restaurant featured a limited buffet and was overpriced. (Breakfast - $8.95)

The tennis court was cracked. I never saw the horseshoe pits, hay ride, horseback riding, or any of the other amenities listed on the promotional package.

The hotel staff's answer to all questions was "I don't know." The owner/manger was unavailable when I requested to speak to him.

My list of complaints was long and if I spent more than 5 minutes in the lobby I ran into other guest with additional complaints and problems. The most fun I had was commiserating with these other guest.

The best advise I have is to seek accommodations elsewhere.

Families
Couples
Solo
Business

Been to Ingleside Resort Conference Center? Share your experiences!