“Ingleside is a nightmare” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ingleside Resort Conference Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Staunton
Ingleside Resort Conference Center
1410 Commerce Road, Staunton, VA 24401   |
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Staunton
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ingleside is a nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2004

This place is seconds from going out of business. The absolute worst experience. Poor staff, poor management. But the nightmare continues. 6 months after our stay, i am still fighting them $400 for charges they made to my credit card that were not authorized. Please for your own sake. Walk away from this hell hole

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2004

My husband and I stayed May 7 and 8th. Our stay was wonderful. The staff was very helpful. The hotel was very busy because it was JMU graduation weekend. But the staff took everything in stride. The property is under new ownership. They have completely renovated the place. The restaurant isn't open yet, but they say they plan to reopen it in the next few months. The staff said that the previous owners left the entire place in shambles. And the golf course was gorgeous. I don't golf, but my husband does. He raved about the course. My opinion is that the new owners are doing a fine job redoing the place.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2003

Upon arriving, I thought I was at the place the shining was filmed! We arrived at 4:00 pm only to find a number to call to check in. (being from out of town, I did not even know where to find a phone). Our keys were literally under the doormat. The hotel was closed. We had a condo which was fairly nice on the inside. No VCR, Cable. our room was supposed to sleep six. It slept 5 uncomfortably. There were ?otters? in many of the other rooms, as only one of the 3 condo buildings were partially opperational. The deck that overlooked the golf course had cheap plastic chairs. The place that once was an outdoor pool is now filled in with sand. There is a little pool outside. SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK. The indoor pool was a refreshing 50 degrees. Perfect if you don't mind turning blue in the pool. The restraunt and confrence centers are NON-OPPERATIONAL. Even if they were, I would'nt eat there. The front desk staff was less than plentiful, as were the guests. There was mold in the non-functional hot tub. The so called bowling alley was also out of order. The gift shop is closed. The golf course was full of golfers and otters. There were laundry facilities, but no functional lights in the laundry room. Room cleanings were minimal. (spraying lysol does'nt count as cleaning). There were cigarette holes in the sheets. Paint was chipping off of everything. The stairs from the condos to the hotel were overgrown with weeds. Stairs were in a major state of disrepair.
And, last but not least, please don't expect any facilities to be open or even functional. Also, feed the otters they are hungry. Tell Jack Nicholson hey for me.

Woodbridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2003

We stayed here January 17 -20, 2003. We liked having the two bedroom unit for our large family, but most everything else left something to be desired. The resort staff didn't know anything! We tried using the bowling center, but gave up because it is old and doesn't work. The swimming pool was freezing cold! Sunday night our TV didn't work and the staff was less than helpful. We did really enjoy the snow tube park, but you don't need to be a guest of the resort to go there. If you are looking for a place to spread out, but are not interested in using the resort facilities then this place would be okay. For people with small kids: The condo we were in didn't have any deadbolts on the doors. We placed furniture in front of them at night to make sure our 2 year old couldn't get out. If returning to that area, my family woud look for somewhere else to stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2003

i enjoyed my stay and was impressed with the new managements desire to make me feel welcomed

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2002

We stayed here from 7/7/02 to 7/14/02. Two couples sharing a "condo". Upon arriving, no reservation could be found (altho they had been made many weeks in advance). The staff at the desk was nearly non existant and not knowledgable. Finally after the desk clerk called the manager on the phone was the necessary document confirming the reservation was found. The rooms were smelly, dirty and in severe disrepair. Walls were peeling, door to the outside did not fit and had gaps all around it. The carpet was filthy and stunk! We demanded that the carpet be cleaned. It was a day later and it was shampooed, did relieve the smell and took some of the dirt out, but still had major stains. The bath towels and washclothes were in very limited numbers and quite worn. Kitchen towels were what I would have used as rags at home. All the outdoor pools were not available, one empty and one filled with sand. Advertised bowling alley was not working. The exterior of the buildings were in terrible shape. Cleaning of the rooms was done only once in the entire week. My best advise, stay away from there!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2002

I stayed at the Ingleside Resort from Sunday 7/21/02 to Wednesday 7/24/02. The following is what I found upon arrival.

The rooms were in various states of disrepair.
We had two rooms. In one room, the exhaust fan did not work, the door lock was worn out (sometimes you get in and sometimes not), the walls were peeling, the balcony door warped and hard to open.

In the second adjoining room, the air conditioning was inadequate, the refrigerator broken, and the vent cover for the exhaust fell off on day one.

The veranda style balcony overlooked the golf course and the mountains. It was a shame that the furniture consisted of a mix of old iron chairs and the $5 resin variety with no tables. Not very comfortable, although, the view was nice.

The TV had six stations and the reception was poor.

The guys were there for the golf and we girls were there to enjoy the pool and get some sun. While the golf course was nice and decently maintained, the pool(s) were not. The outdoor pool was closed on Monday morning for cleaning (it certainly needed it). The pool deck was cracked, weeds growing everywhere, the other outdoor pool was 3/4 filled with dirt and littered with trash; however, the kiddie pool was open. The indoor pool was also closed on Monday but was open Tuesday. The building housing the pool had been rented out to some company. Security guards were there and you needed a note from the front desk to go in. Since the chlorine odor was pungent and the outside deck was in full shade with no chairs, I abstained.

The sandwich shop and bar was off limits to guests as it was also rented out. The restaurant featured a limited buffet and was overpriced. (Breakfast - $8.95)

The tennis court was cracked. I never saw the horseshoe pits, hay ride, horseback riding, or any of the other amenities listed on the promotional package.

The hotel staff's answer to all questions was "I don't know." The owner/manger was unavailable when I requested to speak to him.

My list of complaints was long and if I spent more than 5 minutes in the lobby I ran into other guest with additional complaints and problems. The most fun I had was commiserating with these other guest.

The best advise I have is to seek accommodations elsewhere.

Been to Ingleside Resort Conference Center? Share your experiences!