“Upsetting” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Staunton
Ingleside Resort Conference Center
1410 Commerce Road, Staunton, VA 24401   |
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Staunton
staunton
“Upsetting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

I do not want to slam everyone who is connected with Ingleside because I would hope that there are some decent people working there. My daughter rented the ball room for one evening hoping to have a wonderful wedding reception which no thanks to Ingleside, but many thanks to her friends and planners she did. The day before her wedding she and her friends went to decorate the facility and she was treated with complete arrogance. A wedding is something that is very stressful, and you would hope that you would be treated well, but at Ingleside it is not the case. My daughter was in tears. The ball room was a complete mess, and the guest was harassed before and during the reception. I realize that everyone has bad days but there was simply no excuse for this. I am not sure who is the owner of the facility but I hope they read this and make some serious changes! I would never recommend Ingleside to anyone after our horrible experience. I wonder how they would feel if their daughter was treated this way?

Stayed June 2008

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

TOTALLY MISREPRESENTED...i was told it was on the same scale as a courtyard marriott by the management...NOT EVEN CLOSE...the smell knocked me out when i entered the lobby...i should have turned around but nothing else was available..we did leave after spending one ight eventhough we paid for two. The Ingleside is the bottom of the barrel as far as quality accomodations go. DON'T STAY THERE

• Stayed October 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2004

This place is seconds from going out of business. The absolute worst experience. Poor staff, poor management. But the nightmare continues. 6 months after our stay, i am still fighting them $400 for charges they made to my credit card that were not authorized. Please for your own sake. Walk away from this hell hole

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2004

My husband and I stayed May 7 and 8th. Our stay was wonderful. The staff was very helpful. The hotel was very busy because it was JMU graduation weekend. But the staff took everything in stride. The property is under new ownership. They have completely renovated the place. The restaurant isn't open yet, but they say they plan to reopen it in the next few months. The staff said that the previous owners left the entire place in shambles. And the golf course was gorgeous. I don't golf, but my husband does. He raved about the course. My opinion is that the new owners are doing a fine job redoing the place.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2003

Upon arriving, I thought I was at the place the shining was filmed! We arrived at 4:00 pm only to find a number to call to check in. (being from out of town, I did not even know where to find a phone). Our keys were literally under the doormat. The hotel was closed. We had a condo which was fairly nice on the inside. No VCR, Cable. our room was supposed to sleep six. It slept 5 uncomfortably. There were ?otters? in many of the other rooms, as only one of the 3 condo buildings were partially opperational. The deck that overlooked the golf course had cheap plastic chairs. The place that once was an outdoor pool is now filled in with sand. There is a little pool outside. SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK. The indoor pool was a refreshing 50 degrees. Perfect if you don't mind turning blue in the pool. The restraunt and confrence centers are NON-OPPERATIONAL. Even if they were, I would'nt eat there. The front desk staff was less than plentiful, as were the guests. There was mold in the non-functional hot tub. The so called bowling alley was also out of order. The gift shop is closed. The golf course was full of golfers and otters. There were laundry facilities, but no functional lights in the laundry room. Room cleanings were minimal. (spraying lysol does'nt count as cleaning). There were cigarette holes in the sheets. Paint was chipping off of everything. The stairs from the condos to the hotel were overgrown with weeds. Stairs were in a major state of disrepair.
And, last but not least, please don't expect any facilities to be open or even functional. Also, feed the otters they are hungry. Tell Jack Nicholson hey for me.

Woodbridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2003

We stayed here January 17 -20, 2003. We liked having the two bedroom unit for our large family, but most everything else left something to be desired. The resort staff didn't know anything! We tried using the bowling center, but gave up because it is old and doesn't work. The swimming pool was freezing cold! Sunday night our TV didn't work and the staff was less than helpful. We did really enjoy the snow tube park, but you don't need to be a guest of the resort to go there. If you are looking for a place to spread out, but are not interested in using the resort facilities then this place would be okay. For people with small kids: The condo we were in didn't have any deadbolts on the doors. We placed furniture in front of them at night to make sure our 2 year old couldn't get out. If returning to that area, my family woud look for somewhere else to stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2003

i enjoyed my stay and was impressed with the new managements desire to make me feel welcomed

Been to Ingleside Resort Conference Center? Share your experiences!