“Make sure you ask for the bread!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 106 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American
Pittsburgh, PA
“Make sure you ask for the bread!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

After a day's traveling, all we wanted to do was to get a quick and decent bite to eat and then crash at our hotel, the Days Inn at Mint Springs. Kathy's isn't too far off the interstate, and it was one of the few places we saw that wasn't fast food. Although the food was decent and the portions acceptable but not great, it wasn't anything spectacular. Looking back I wish we made another choice. It appeared most of the patrons were locals. They got a lot of attention, but once we got our food, our waitress never came back to see if we were satisfied, but did quickly stop once or twice for a coffee refill then she left. No attempt at chit chat or any other sign of hospitality! I ordered a meal but didn't get any bread; I only realized it came with the meal when I overheard another customer remarking about it. Even when I did request my bread (I was almost done with the meal, but hey, I had paid for it!) the waitress vanished. I asked the hostess, but she vanished too! I eventually got the bread from another waitress--one skimpy roll! Then, when I checked my bill I was undercharged by more than $2. When I pointed out the mistake, our waitress refigured the bill and I was undercharged even more! I had to get the hostess to give me the right amount, as I was paying the bill. Lots of hassle. Needless to say, we had no desire to go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lehigh Acres, Florida
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Average food, average price. I really can't recommend it. Everything is average....and it took for ever to get your meal...

Visited May 2013
Essex, Maryland
“Went here at the recomendation of the B & B owner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We where told the locals eat here so we figured it had to be good.
We where not dissapointed. Service was friendly and fast.
Food was tasty and inexpensive.
Don't expect anything fancy. It's just a local eatery with a good reputation.
We would go back again if ever in the area.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Staunton, Virginia, United States
“Good dependable food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Kathy's is a good family restaurant that is reasonably priced. Diner type food with the best breakfast in Staunton. Pancakes are to kill for!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stuarts Draft
“Awesome breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Kathy's has become our weekend tradition. We drive past 4 other breakfast spots to get there because their pancakes are wonderful and the service is great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere