“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
winchester, va
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked this hotel as it was near the venue I was shooting a wedding at...wasn't thrilled about an "outside entrance" property for security reasons. I quickly changed my mind after meeting the wonderful front desk staff. I had called ahead with a few requests, they not only met them but exceeded my expectations. The room was very updated, no carpet but laminate floors which was nice. The shower was amazing and bed comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel for the money and the service. Will stay at this hotel chain again......

Room Tip: No noise even though it was next to interstate...wonderful stay although only 1 night. Rested very w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel and staff. We always strive to make our guest happy and at home but most importantly feel safe and secure of the surroundings. The staff and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience, We hope you come stay with us again .

Thanks, Regards,
Ramila Desai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Picked this property based on reviews. The price was good for a weekend night. Room was clean and we were happy there was no carpet. The room however had a slight odor, perhaps it had been a smoking room at one time. TV had few channels. Breakfast was basic. All in all we were satisfied. Check in was quick and service friendly. Close to Staunton with many restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We recently traveled from NY to NC and stayed at this motel on the way down and like it so well, we stayed there again on the way back. Excellent accommodations and super friendly staff. We arrived quite late at night, but that was not problem. The area is quiet with lots of nice attractions around it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thanks for your kind word and time. i glad that you like new room. we appreciate your kind word for staff .I look forward to seeing you again .

Thanks,
Port Charlotte, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We found Red Roof Inn after checking Tripadvisor because the motel we had originally planned on staying at was listed in bedbugregistry.com as having a problem. After checking the site for Red Roof Inn, we found no issues. The folks who reviewed this location were spot-on. Clean, clean rooms. Near restaurants and gas stations. Quiet. Decent free breakfast. Friendly staff. This was our first time there and it won't be our last. It's sometimes hard to find good accommodations when traveling from the east coast to Florida several times a year. Oh, and by the way, this is a pet-friendly motel that doesn't charge for well-behaved pets. Amazing!

Room Tip: A room located at the back of the facility afforded peace and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your feedback about our hotel. It is very nice to hear from guest has a good experience as it should be.I am very happy you enjoyed breakfast. Thanks for your kind word about front desk staff. we appreciate your kind word and time, Thanks,
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My daughter, my dog, and I spent two nights, both going to and returning from Washington, DC, at the Staunton Red Roof, this past week. I got to know Ramish (Sic?) the manager, and several of the guest who stayed there. The staff was courtous, the food great, the rooms clean and spacious, and the service excellent. I intend to stay here often on my trips east.

Room Tip: We like bottom floor since travel with dog.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My expectations were not too high for this reasonably priced hotel and the room we had was fair, clean, though the security chain was broken. The reason I will never return is that I witnessed a disturbing event at the front desk upon checking in. A gentlemen of color walked in and asked if he could get a room and was told that nothing was available for the night. After he left, less than 3 minutes later, another man came in (caucasian), and asked if he could get a room and was told it would not be a problem. Hmmmmm???? Make your own conclusions, but it was fairly obvious to me that discrimination is alive and well at this hotel. My only hope is that the corporate folks at Red Roof Inn will see this and dig into the matter.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
redroof706, Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thanks for your feedback about our hotel and also thank you for letting us know your concerns. I am very happy that you enjoyed your room and your stay. I want to assure you that at our hotel we treat everyone as equals. I am sorry that it appeared differently in this case. We are a minority owned hotel and are happy to serve everyone equally. If you would like to discuss this issue more please feel free to call the hotel and speak with us about it.

Cupertino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a 2 star, maybe a 3 star property that rises to 4 stars by sheer dint of effort.

The room was immaculate. Seriously, I have stayed in any number of places, quite a few of them much more expensive than this Red Roof Inn, and never seen anything cleaner.

The furniture was better than I expected, the room had a 'fridge and a microwave, and breakfast was exceptional. What sold me was not the biscuits and gravy, but the cinnamon and raisins for the oatmeal.

Any place could be improved, and I wish this one had better TV reception and a faster internet connection. So it doesn't quite rate 5 stars.

One word of warning: if you are traveling with a pet, call the motel directly and let them know your travel plans. Although Red Roof Inn is pet friendly, this place is quite popular, and they will be better to accommodate you if you give them friendly 'heads-up'

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
we are working on for better TV reception and a faster internet connection. Wright now we don't have cable service available but cable company bring service some time soon. please accept my sincerest apologies.

Thanks, Regards,
Ramila Desai

Been to Red Roof Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!