“Good, bad, no ugly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Frontier Drive, Staunton, VA 24401 (Formerly Microtel Inn by Wyndham Staunton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Vermont
“Good, bad, no ugly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Courteous reception, very clean entry, hallways, and rooms. Average breakfast. Good lighting in the rooms, firm mattress, and nice pillows. Microwave, coffee maker, and fridge. SMALL room. No towel racks in the bathroom. Small towels that are only moderately absorbent.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we stayed here one night to get out of the cold; we live in our RV and are on our way south but needed some respite from this polar vortex. This is fairly new property with excellent amenities, friendly staff and very good wifi. The shower is hot, the beds are comfy and the room is a good size. They provide lots of towels, and there's room to spread out.

Highly recommende.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Located on a hill overlooking the valley and mountains. I believe this was a Microtel that was converted and re-furnished as a Quality Inn. They did a good job updating the rooms. Our king bed was comfortable and the room was clean. One puzzling room feature was the exhaust fan in the bathroom that goes on each time that you enter the bathroom but stays on for 15 minutes. You cannot manually turn on or off this fan. When I inquired at the from desk they could not explain why the fan works this way.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Wahington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wonderful room - views of mountains, quiet, great bed, updated bath , flat screen TV, micro-fridge, free WiFi, decent breakfast - but the best thing was the price and the cookies at night! Very nice staff - location great - will definitely stay here again when back visiting!

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor in the back - beautiful view and very quiet!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Candia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beds were too firm for us but everything else was great. We liked the toggle switches on lamps, for hands that are unable to turn knobs. Tub & shower were great, but a grab bar would be a good addition. Staff was friendly, lighting in room was good. Room a tad small for 2 people but as it was a late arrival & early departure we really had no trouble. We liked the heat/ac unit with the fan that stayed on constant! Very nice improvements from a previous Microtel brand! Perhaps a bit high priced.

Room Tip: No advice, our room was good, wherever it was!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed one night while on my way to Shenandoah National Park South Entrance in Waynesboro, Virginia. Room was big and well cleaned. Bed was comfortable. Cookies at night was a nice touch. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First off, maybe my fault, but I booked using AAA. It did not tell me that their policy is to charge/cancel your room if you are there at 5pm or later than 4pm. I didn't think about it and used a debit card to book the room. It declined the charge, so they cancelled my reservation. No call, because they claimed they didn't have any contact information. It also happened to be the weekend and they were booked solid. Magically they found my room, and then charged me a higher rate because the rates went up. Also, magically again, my card went through when I was there just fine.
Also, talk about lack of customer service: The manager or head lady at the counter (there were two there) said this to me, as if I should be grateful that I walked in when I did. However, she is sharing the fact my card declined loudly to everyone in the lobby. Okay, thanks, but have some respect? Also, as I pointed out, my card went through fine. And they have yet to honor the rate I booked. I asked to have the manager call me, but they have not called me. I guess I am out of luck.
Another odd thing, the door handle has to be lifted up, not down to get into the room. When I asked about it, the lady explained to me in a not so pleasant way.
The rooms are nice, very well made up. The bath tub is nice too. You are high up on a hill, so the view is nice too. For a book hotel, I didn't hear any noise, and the beds were comfortable. However, for what I paid, I would expect better.
I was soured by the staff, they need help on how to act towards customers. And I guess chalk it up to a learning experience for me, but I don't feel the need to ever use this place again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!