“Never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Staunton

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Staunton to your Saves list
Motel 6 Staunton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   96 Baker Lane, Staunton, VA 24401 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #15 of 15 hotels in Staunton
Wilkesboro
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

For the price I paid I didn't expect a fancy room.But I did expect comfort. The heat made such a loud noise that you couldn't hear the tv.It just worked on hi and lo. It did not operate with the temperature. I had to cut it off to sleep. The tile was falling off the walls in the bathroom and the cleaning lady knocked on my door at 8:30 on Sunday morning. The free breakfast was BAD. I'm not sure what I ate was sausage and the egg circles was like eating rubber. The commode did flush and that is why I am giving it a one star. No more Quality Inns for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I typically stay at Marriott & Hampton hotels but found myself on a long drive alone with no reason to stay far beyond the highway so I chose this hotel. Although the property is dated and is typical of road-side motels, the room was comfortable and clean, and I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of the breakfast. For the price, this hotel is a great value for travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
north carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The weather forecast caused a change in our plans and we found the Quality Inn by calling the main number. I didn't expect the fanciest room around here. The room we got was very nice and clean. The place was undergoing renovations so it was not perfect but our stay was nice and comfortable. The breakfast was a little smaller than we are used to but there was still plenty to eat. The staff was attentive and helpful. When the printer would not work the manager asked me to email him the document that I needed and he printed it for me. We plan to return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: We had an Evergreen Room which had a special air filter in the room and a filter in the shower. It...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed in this location for its relative proximity to Shenandoah National Park. The worst Quality Inn we've ever stayed in (and there have been quite a few around the country). We've stayed in motels that were better than this Inn. Very old and run-down. TV and dresser covered in splashes of mysterious grey substance, a couple of lamps didn't work, outlets couldn't hold a charger, carpet was very dirty, TV remote didn't really work. Bathroom was relatively decent. Breakfast was a joke, with a grumpy lady emerging from the back room every so often with one item (10 patties or a few muffins at a time), and then disappearing for another 10-15 minutes to bring another item, so the guests from the hotel's 100 rooms stood around waiting forever to get their breakfast. Not a very family-friendly establishment, with heavy cigarette smoke hanging around the hotel (although the room was non-smoking, the moment you step out of the door, you are greeted with smoke). It was a typical lower quality motel, but definitely not a Quality Inn I am used to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Silver Spring, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Polite staff, great view of the mountains, close to the interstate. Not a top of the line room but not a bad room. relatively clean and comfortable. I did not have the problems that others seemed to have with this property. If I was passing through again and needed a room I would probably stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cookeville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

OK,,here we go. At checkin no printer paper, checked into a dirty room, changed to a clean dirty room, housekeeping staff could not understand me. Bathtubs have been painted, seriously, and it's peeling. One noisy refrigerator, a tv with lousy reception and the most dingy nasty looking towels and washcloths I have ever seen. Wear shoes in the shower, they are actually worse than the pictures. Run down property with no hope of being a real Quality Inn. At 10 pm the same people were "cleaning" rooms. I wasn't expecting much since this was the only room available anywhere, but this was a bit much. The room was $100 per night. The desk staff was pleasant and certainly none of it was their fault. I predict a loss of their Quality Inn franchise soon. Oh,,,at checkout no printer or paper! Nothing to show I was there. BTW the same people own the other 2 hotels at this exit. If Quality Inn allows there name to be attached to this property I suppose I'll have to pay more attention to their other properties prior to using

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The lady at the desk was very nice and explained that if you were paying in cash you had to have a $50 room deposit and a $10 phone deposit put on your credit card in case of theft. I was checked in and proceeded to my assigned room. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to my room and found a naked man sitting on the bed! I returned to the desk, informed the clerk, and asked to have my payment returned. I will never ever stop at this motel again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Staunton? Share your experiences!