“Beautiful view of the mountains” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Staunton

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Staunton to your Saves list
Motel 6 Staunton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   96 Baker Lane, Staunton, VA 24401 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #15 of 15 hotels in Staunton
Silver Spring, PA
“Beautiful view of the mountains”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Polite staff, great view of the mountains, close to the interstate. Not a top of the line room but not a bad room. relatively clean and comfortable. I did not have the problems that others seemed to have with this property. If I was passing through again and needed a room I would probably stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cookeville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

OK,,here we go. At checkin no printer paper, checked into a dirty room, changed to a clean dirty room, housekeeping staff could not understand me. Bathtubs have been painted, seriously, and it's peeling. One noisy refrigerator, a tv with lousy reception and the most dingy nasty looking towels and washcloths I have ever seen. Wear shoes in the shower, they are actually worse than the pictures. Run down property with no hope of being a real Quality Inn. At 10 pm the same people were "cleaning" rooms. I wasn't expecting much since this was the only room available anywhere, but this was a bit much. The room was $100 per night. The desk staff was pleasant and certainly none of it was their fault. I predict a loss of their Quality Inn franchise soon. Oh,,,at checkout no printer or paper! Nothing to show I was there. BTW the same people own the other 2 hotels at this exit. If Quality Inn allows there name to be attached to this property I suppose I'll have to pay more attention to their other properties prior to using

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The lady at the desk was very nice and explained that if you were paying in cash you had to have a $50 room deposit and a $10 phone deposit put on your credit card in case of theft. I was checked in and proceeded to my assigned room. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to my room and found a naked man sitting on the bed! I returned to the desk, informed the clerk, and asked to have my payment returned. I will never ever stop at this motel again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Good value for the price. A little work on the exterior would help. Friendly front desk. Shower could use an new look, but was clean and worked well. Hotel seems to be in the process of updating. Beds very comfy!

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Watch out for the resident skunks. There are 4 that roam around. Garbage in public area overflowing. Mold in bathroom. Coffee maker in room dirty. Walkways in disrepair. Ran out of orange juice and coffee for breakfast. Muffins hard as rocks. Ice machine area filthy. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
Carnegie, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We ended up staying here when a storm passed through much of VA knocking out power to many places including the hotel where we had been planning to stay. With locals-without-power filling the surrounding hotels, our room here was probably one of the last available rooms on the I-81 corridor. Under the circumstances we were grateful to find a place to stay for the evening!

Good points: bed was comfortable; sink area outside bathroom allows for two people to wash up at the same time; coffeemaker and free Wifi available in room; pretty location in the middle of a field. Bad points: air conditioner was barely working (on a 90+ degree day); bath linens had been washed but were stained (grease? rust?); bath mat was shredded; light in the bathroom was a fluorescent that was about to burn out; overall look and feel was very dated; key-card reader in door only worked when it felt like it. Having a few bikers who were hanging out on the balcony outside our room give the key-card reader "The Look" helped. :-)

Staff here is friendly and there's a pool available, but the property needs work. I've never been comfortable with exterior-entry rooms to begin with... less so when railings are rusted and walkways are dirty. That said, when we arrived the lobby area was under construction, and the renovations that had been done so far looked nice, so the place has potential. Glad they were there for us in the storm and wishing for the best for the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Harrisonburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our electricity was out during a storm we could not find a place in Harrisonburg but found the quaily inn in Staunton. First of all we were not told about the air conditioning so we went to our room at 7:45pm turned the air conditioning on and found out the air conditioning was not working so we gave it a chance took a shower went to get something to eat returned at 10pm no air conditioning we left two hours later after trying to get comfortable checked out and some fat man working the desk was rude and trying to tell me they had a storm duh I asked him ok we knew there had been a storm but the motel had electric what does that have to do with the air conditioning. refused to give back our money because we sat on the beds and used two towels . PLEASE DO NOT STAY THERE Dead bugs all around the so call air conditioner

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Staunton? Share your experiences!