“Delicious food in Staunton” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Delicious food in Staunton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Food was great, especially the asparagus brie bisque--yum!! Service was very cheerful but a little slow. But then, we weren't in a particular hurry--just hungry! It's location is handy to everything in cute little Staunton, and only a block from where we stayed. It was very busy with what seemed to be a local crowd--always a good sign.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic tapas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Our party of four dined here tonight, prior to seeing Comedy of Errors at Blackfriar's Playhouse. The only thing missing was a Lazy Susan for the table. We ordered 8 tapas to share, along with salads and soup. Excellent charcuterie platter with a surprising riff on pimento cheese: goat cheese with peppadews. We also feasted on caprese salad, bruschetta, chicken skewers with a spicy peanut sauce, the housemade bread, garlic shrimp, olives, and mushrooms. Nice bites, great to share, and an enjoyable way to taste many different items without feeling like you've had too much. Nice variety of wine, generous pour on the hard liquor, efficient, knowledgeable servers, and the perfect stop before the play.

Visited July 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Everything was nice but.........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We went there as we were told this was a great place. The wines were fairly well priced and the waitron was very attentive. The waitron described the specials while we wondered about what to order over tapas which were fantastic.
So we made our order...both specials for the night...flounder stuffed with crabmeat and lamb chops (2) with a special sausage.
The night was going very good and the waitron brought out our main courses. I looked at mine and thought there was a problem.....it actually was the surf and turf from their menu. When I realized this, I called the attention to the waitron who was very apologetic. I assured her that I did not touch anything and that it perhaps can be served to someone who may have ordered the same thing and they would not have to cook it again....The waitron took it back and I don't know what happened to it. I asked my partner to start eating and not worry about me concerning this obvious mistake.
About 10 minutes later, my plate came out and it tasted really good.
We then thought we would order dessert, got coffee, and then we were presented the check.
Having worked in food service, a mistake like a dish that was not correct usually gets a comp for such a horrible mistake, but that didn't happen. As a matter of fact, the mistake seemed like it was swept under the rug.
For a place like this to have such good food and good service, it missed a great chance to make up for something which is why I gave it 3 stars instead of 5.
I've seen people make a fuss over a mistake by a waitron and I didn't....after all, there was no harm done, but a longer wait for me while my partner ate her dish.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ilkley
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We were following a recommendation from Frederick House Hotel for a light, fresh and wholesome meal before heading to the theatre. We told our waitress we were on a tight schedule and the service was so fast the meal was not rushed and we had ample time to find the theatre. The menu had plenty of choice and we were particularly impressed with the Caprese salad, prawns and risotto. The finishing touch was 5 days later when we had worked out we had left a pair of sunglasses there we rang and the staff were only too happy to forward them on without charge, excellent customer service!

Visited July 2014
“If you are eating alone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The folks here were very welcoming of a single diner. Bartender (I was invited to wait at the bar while my table was cleared) did not have time in the five minutes I sat there, to take my drink order. Then my table was ready. Nice tapas, portions a bit out of whack - I ordered the olive appetizer and it contained over twenty big olives - clearly more than a single diner would want. On the other hand the lamb sausage portion was breakfast sausage diameter. Delicious but too small. Baba ghanoush was perfect. Good drink by my elusive bartender and a great glass of Zin from a charming waitress with a million dollar smile. I will go back.